1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Connecting combo with external cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by awagace, Nov 11, 2010.

1. awagace

awagace

May 31, 2010
    I have got a EBS drome classic which I love! But unfortunately I need more output because i lately have noticed that my bass disappears while rehearsing with my band. Is it possible to by buy a cabinet and connect to my EBS (through the line out) to increase the volume level of my bass? If yes, should I have anything in mind when buying a cabinet?
    Thanks

2. johnboy65

johnboy65

May 22, 2009
    I think the short answer is no. 150w isn't that loud either. If I'm not mistaken and some can correct me (I'm sure they will): You could use the line out to another power amp then to a cab, but that makes no sense. Looks like you might want to look into a bigger rig.

3. johnboy65

johnboy65

May 22, 2009
    Fyi I think EBS makes a 2x10 300-350w combo. If you are crazy about the EBS stuff. I really liked having a 2x10 (it was an Eden) for smaller clubs.

4. awagace

awagace

May 31, 2010
    thanks for the answer! I guess I'll have to buy a new rig.

5. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Pasco, WA
    Yes.

Click here.

:D

Joe.

6. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    Yes, a powered cab is the way to do it. I would especially like to try that 115X. :bassist:

7. kb9wyz

kb9wyz

Sep 8, 2008
    Bloomingdale,IL
    I would get 10 Crowns, bridge each to get 1600W @ 2 ohms, hook it all up to 50 4x10 neo cabs, and 25 1x15 cabs, and then use it to kill airplanes. :D

Did you find this advice helpful? ;p