1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Considering L2000 on EBay

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by eeby, Feb 21, 2008.

1. eeby

eeby

Mar 27, 2006
    Some of you have probably noticed this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1983-G-L-L-2000...oryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

7a0e_1.

I was thinking of bidding because I would like an old L2000. It's not the super-old kind with the simpler headstock shape (that would be even better), but it's kind of vintage-ish. I really like the look of the natural finish on G&Ls. It looks as though a knob or two got replaced at some point.

I'm guessing it will probably sell for $600 to $700, somewhere in there, based on recent auctions.

2. derick

derick

Jan 5, 2008
    It's hard to be certain, but it looks like the knobs may be original but missing some of the black paint.

3. metron

metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    If it is an 83 then it would be among the first with the new headstock shape. Could be a great bass. I would ask about the weight. The middle knob looks like its missing the chrome on top but at least its probably original. Those are impossible to find. Good luck!

4. eeby

eeby

Mar 27, 2006
    Now this other one just came up.

b3bd_1.

Its a few years later. They did away with the control-holding plate and moved the jack to the side.

Anyone know of any other major difference, like with the electronics or something?

For looks I think the '83 (the older one) has the edge.