1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Correct Tab

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Easy blues, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Easy blues

Easy blues

Oct 1, 2013
    I am a beginner and just learned Stand By Me on 4 string bass. My musician friend says the second verse is wrong. I learned the song from Bigbasstabs that stated it was 100% correct. Can anyone help me.? Who is right?

2. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

Jul 8, 2008
    Connecticut
    This would be more useful if you posted the tabs, don't ya think?

3. Simply play the tabbed version along with recording the guitarist is referring to. You'll find out soon enough.

4. Technicality

Technicality

Feb 10, 2011
    Just because whoever wrote the tab thinks it is 100% correct it does not make it so. Similarly just because someone else thinks he knows 100% how a song does it does not make it so. I've read tabs that claim to be 100% correct that were wrong, and I've been "corrected" by other musicians before that were also wrong.

I've also been fairly convinced that what I was playing was correct, only to later hear something new.

Being able to hear and differentiate all the notes is something I found really hard when I started, but got much better at over time. You just have to keep practising.

For now I would read all the tabs you can find, listen to all the youtube covers/versions/isolated bass tracks, ask other people like your friend to show you how they thinks it goes, and then make your own judgement.