1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cort GB95

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Professor Jones, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Professor Jones

Professor Jones

Sep 22, 2009
    Anybody tried it ? I've owned a B4 and a Cort acoustic guitar, the build quality was excellent. I currently play on a Cort Action 5 (entry model) and it's pretty decent for an instrument of this range, and very playable.

The GB95 looks awesome, and the specs look very good on paper (http://www.cort.co.kr/english/products/common/view.asp?product_id=237).

I would like to know if anyone here has had any experience with the pickups and the preamp used in this model : Seymour Duncan SJ5-3n & SMB-5D, Duncan designed BEQ-3 EQ. Are they good ?

Of course if you own or tried the bass I'm interested in your input too !

Thanks

2. Haven't tried it, but I visited a pal in Abu Dhabi last year & we visited a shop that had a stack of Corts, basses & guitars. We played a bunch & I was very impressed. An A6 bass I played had the best 'B' string I've ever played.

I suspect the pre is totally adequate & these pups are good - I had the same ones on an Ibanez RD605.

3. gruvit

gruvit

Jan 14, 2009
    Richland, WA
    I haven't tried the GB95, but I've tried the GB75 and I WANT IT SO BADLY! There's one at my local shop and once I'm sitting better financially, that is the bass I am going to buy. I figure if the 75 is that amazing, the 95 must be even more so. If you're planning on buying it I'd say DO IT!

4. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    I have a modded 74, and its a truly fantastic bass, definatly worth the price and more, I have no fear that the 94/5 are incredible basses.:)

5. StJoeMusic

StJoeMusic

Aug 10, 2010
    We have had the pleasure of being one of the first retailers in the USA to ship these. I have played it and it is an amazing bass! Also, very beautiful.

A little heavy, but well worth it.

The pickups are "kicking"

Thomas
    StJoeMusic.com