1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cort?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Exxcell, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Bought a Cort Action V a while back. I was just wondering if I made the right decision. I love it, it looks great, sounds alright for being $300 and fits my needs. I just want an opinion. And nothing like 'it sucks because it's not worth $600+'.

2. Sounds like you made the right decision.

3. I had a Cort B4. It was awesome. I sold it to my dad because I had too many basses. I'm glad it's still in the family.

4. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Apr 19, 2009
    Hawaii
    Cort makes instruments for MANY big names to put their logo on..See a great bass that's made in Korea? Very good chance it came from Cortek(Cort)..I have a Cort ABG that is down to the serial number the same as its Ibanez counterpart. It is a fine instrument,or I wouldn't keep it. Sounds like you made a good choice too.

5. AmadeusXeno

AmadeusXeno

Mar 8, 2011
    Maine
    I have a Cort B4FL that I got for $300 and think it's great. I think it compairs to some basses I've tried that cost twice as much.

6. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    What is it with all the B4s? I tried a B4 on clearance at a GC a few years ago and really liked it, great neck and versatile tones. Went back to buy it a week later, but somebody else had bought it.

I'm a fan.

7. IngerAlb

IngerAlb

May 11, 2007
    B is Cort's version of the SR500, which is one of Ibbby's most succesful models - so yeah, it's a pretty damn good bass ;)

8. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Why are you looking to us to validate whether or not you made a good purchase? You already said you liked it, that should be good enough for you.

9. jthurston

jthurston

Nov 22, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    +1
    If you "love" it, what other criteria is there? :)

10. I guess I was looking for more of your opinion about cort. Haha.

11. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Theyre bassically very good instruments imo. But its hard to find dealers for most of their lineup.