1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Craigslist Ad, Good or Bad Deal?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nintonbp, Jul 28, 2012.

1. nintonbp

nintonbp

May 6, 2011
    So I texted this girl and she sent me a few pics of the bass(it's a yamaha) and the amp.The amp is just a 10watt johnson she said she through it in for another 5 bucks. I know 40$ is a steal for any bass, I was just wanting to get some other people's opinions. 2w40g8k. 2rcoq40.

2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

There are no picture and/or details. Odds are the $40 bass is a chunk of garbage, but if you don't care how a bass plays, or are fine playing what is probably an extremely bad bass, go for it. I have a friend who loves pawn shop gear, you cannot even tell the guy how bad they are because he got them so cheap, but let me tell you... they are awful.

A $40 bass isn't rare when you consider you can get them new for $100 and change with an amp, you can get a new Squier Affinity for $150.

3. Samo_B

Samo_B

Jun 6, 2012
    Fort Worth
    It depends if you think $40 is a steal for buying garbage...

4. nintonbp

nintonbp

May 6, 2011
    ???

5. George Mann

George Mann Banned

May 27, 2012
    Colorado
    Yamaha's are not a piece of junk. But that doesn't mean that the one in question hasn't been put thru a meat grinder.

Go check it out. If you like it, buy it.

6. dbd1963

dbd1963

May 18, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Your pictures aren't showing up for me either.

7. The low end ones can be pretty chintzy. Crappy tuners, thin sounding electronics, etc. I don't know about this particular one, but the low end Yamahas are probably made in the same Chinese factories as any other budget line.

8. nintonbp

nintonbp

May 6, 2011
    is it fixed??

9. WardEarth

WardEarth Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Anchormanville, CA
    i have a rbx170, which is what that looks like. Its an excellent beater bass. And plays awesome. Sounds decent.

10. smcd

smcd

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    $40 for that Yamaha pictured is a great deal. As WardEarth said, it's an inexpensive MIC RBX model.

11. +1. For $40, I'd hit it :)

12. I happen to own the same bass, and it sounds pretty good! (through a decent amp) for 40 bucks you can't go wrong if you check it out first.