1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Crate BT-350

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Count Bassie, Oct 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Count Bassie

Count Bassie Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    Price:
    SLM assembly line built bass head. Often referred to as the "Poor Man's Ampeg", underrated for the Crate badge, this head is a very good sounding, feature-laden bass amp. Bi-amps with integration of an external power amp, on-board chorus that actually sounds musical and useful, and a very Ampeg-like preamp section layout featuring graphic eq and a 12AX7 tube with variable gain at the input- which is capable of a very nice overdrive if that's your gig.

I've used this head at a lot of rock gigs, and it was put to use for my old psychedelic band during the rehearsals for a reunion show (there were several bands, we all used the house backline for the show). Clean, punchy delivery, with excellent capacity for the full range of tones from deep dub to shattering glass. This old buggy has plenty of power, especially if you have a reasonably efficient 4 ohm speaker system. Reliable and able, stands up well in any context.

Probably the best thing crate ever put out.

The power switch does not function, you plug in to turn it on. Works like a well-kept tank, no issues at all.

3 spaces, will come with power cord and a 4-space gig bag. $200 + shipping from 02917.

Cheers, thanks for looking in.

DSCN4823.JPG

Attached Files:

2. derekeugene

derekeugene Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2008
    Kansas City
    This was my first legit bass head. Stacked it on a 4x10 and a 2x15 with a sansamp. Loved that thing.

Don't really see these pop up often. GLWTS!

Count Bassie likes this.
  3. JayDA

JayDA Space is deep Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Jersey
    Wow....that brings back memories. The bass player in my first band had one of these he ran through a home built 2x15....it was LOUD. GLWTS!

Count Bassie likes this.
  4. Count Bassie

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    Thanks man.

5. ASPAR8

ASPAR8

Sep 10, 2018
    Hello.

Is it still on sale ?

Thanks
    Olivier

6. Count Bassie

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    Oops! Sorry, I sold it, but i know the guy who has it... I'll ask him about it. I think he's since gotten something else and might want to let it go

7. ASPAR8

ASPAR8

Sep 10, 2018
    cool, thanks !

Count Bassie likes this.