Crazy Horse

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by charles21o7, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Crazy Horse, the legendary backing band of Neil Young, has always had rockin songs. Their bassist Billy Talbot is a man who plays simple lines, yet these lines are chugged out like a freight train and stand strong among Neils rippin guitar. Any more fans of this guy. Or perhaps some better bassits Neil has worked with???
  2. I gotta nothing to say about them, but I just feel obligated to post in thread with "Crazy" in the title. :p Rock on! :bassist:

3. I just remember the first time I watched "Rust Never Sleeps" and asking myself, "What is the deal with this guy? Is he having an episode?" :D

Huge Crazy Horse fan.

4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Neil has also worked with Tim Drummend, a excellent bassist that has done time with James Brown, and many others. Neil also took Duck Dunn out on a lot of tours in the last ten years.
    I've always loved Crazy Horse & Billy Talbot! A lot of my musical friends look down their nose at them....but they just don't understand very raw rock ;) Billy Talbot has a solo album coming out next week....should be interesting.

5. Really, I wonder what kinda music he'll play, the usual crazy horse perhaps??
  6. jerry

Dec 13, 1999
    I ordered a copy.....I'll let you know how it is. I'm pretty sure there is pedal steel on it.....might have a country kinda groove, like some of the early Crazy House albums without Neil.
  7. CJK84

Jan 22, 2004
    Maria Stein, OH
    Several months ago, I learned the bass line to Young's popular Heart of Gold for a gig I sat in on.

Initially, I wasn't thrilled at the prospect of learning what I thought was a dull line, but after listening closely several times, I liked it a lot and enjoyed performing it (I copied it pretty closely).

Is it Talbot on Heart of Gold?
  8. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    This might be true in several ways :D
  9. jerry

Dec 13, 1999
    I'm pretty sure Heart of Gold was Tim Drummend.
  10. Has anyone picked up the Greendale album, it has some cool bass stuff on it, it has a real cool tone. Like , the bass sounds like a bass drum carved in the side of a hollow oak,kinda sound , real natural sounding.