Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

crazy video

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by AcousticBass, Sep 4, 2005.

1. AcousticBass

AcousticBass

May 28, 2005
  2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    That's got to be one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time :D The cloud background, the hair, the upside-down lifting of the guitar....perfection :D:D:D

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I couldn't watch that clown all the way through.

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Kinda cool I guess. Only real "skill" I see there is when he plays rhythm and lead at the same time.

-Ray

5. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001

You missed the best part - the upside-down lifting of the guitar that Bryan Tyler mentioned - funny!

6. 6-3-2

6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    I've seen this guy before. I think he forgot the song writing aspect of music and decided to just pratice how to play ridiculously fast. Might be why his "music" reminds me of the music from Megaman.

7. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Don't disgrace Megaman like that.

For a band who has written a Megaman themed song and uses many 8-bit sounding synths, check out Horse the Band. Not to confused with the country band, A Band Called Horse.

Horse the band.

8. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Well, what about THIS guy??
    [​IMG]

Also, that Michael Angelo guy, i Admit, blew me away. He's stuck in the 80's though. Also, if i'm not mistaken, he played a Quad-neck like that. I'll post the pic once I find it.

9. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    Michael must be the one of the most skilled guitarist in the world and i'm sure he's a better songwriter than most on this forum and i'm sure he's a better musician than anyone on this forum... and if you didn't read "This is Michael Angelo demonstrating how he uses his custom one of a kind double guitar." He's just showing off a little, and because "some" people isn't capable of showing of themself they start bashing the people who can...

10. pauljacksonfan

pauljacksonfan

Jun 14, 2005
    It seems to me that most of you are missing the point. If you're really impressed by this I'm happy for you. You'll grow out of it. But the funny thing to me is that he could have played what he played just as easy or even easier on a single neck.
    Also if you've heard any Michael Angelo songs I guess that kind of closes the debate on his song writing skills by itself.

I did, however, think this was great fun. The eighties are always fun to laugh at.

11. I was really expecting to see more contrapuntal playing with a duel neck like that. Not knocking they guy, he is just a product of the eighties. Entertaining just the same.

12. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Swing and a miss.

13. alapantera

alapantera

Mar 22, 2004
    Wisconsin
    wow! was that a poodle on his head?

i think the best part was at the end when the guitar was somewhat covering his hair. :rolleyes:

14. basspunk2005

basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    there was this guitar thing in birmingham nec i went to with college a few years ago. I had the chance of seeing this bloke play for about 15-20 mins. I thought well I either go and see someone play all solos and be bored or go and play on a music man stingray. I beleive I chose the better choice of playing the stingray:) the next year my bro went and watched him for 5 mins then realised Jim Marshall was there and then went and met him insted. I cant stand all that widdly guitar solos **** that lasts for 10 hours. Plus he also played exactly the same in that video as what he did when my bro saw him. Its full of reverb and delay so you cant really hear what hes playing fully so it gets muddy. IMO it sounds like ****