Creating Boards

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by John-Paul666, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Hey Guys,
    I am going to put together a Effects board and I am just wondering if any of you know what I should put on there.
  2. Hmm from your profile it looks like you play rock/metal type stuff. It might be a good idea to get an od/distortion/fuzz or a combination of them. Read the distortion mega thread to find reviews of different ones. If you like to funk stuff up, go for an envelope filter and a wah pedal. Some people like to thicken up their sound with a chorus pedal. An octave pedal can be a fun and funky toy to play around with too. I already have an active bass and a good amp, so I really dont need an eq pedal, but you may want one to help dial in the tones you're looking for. Also, if you dont have built in compression on your amp, it would be a great idea to get a compression pedal. Just find a few effects that you really like and start from there.
  3. BigBassBob

Jul 17, 2005
    Wales, UK
    we can give advice on what pedals you can have, but you should go out and try pedals because your taste in sound is a very personal thing, and someone's taste of overdrive may be very very different to what yours is. also, i think you should really consider if you need actually need effects let alone a pedal board. if you'd like to find out what effects you like to use, try a multi FX unit made by a company like Boss, Zoom, Korg, Digitech etc. If your like me, you'll "borrow" one from a friend for a rather long amount of time.

That said, I power supply unit is a gd start for most pedal boards ;)

4. Yeah thanks Im goin take a trip down to my local store to try some out, also i heard somewhere that i would have to use two distortion pedals to make it sound right.
  5. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Going what by bassist66 said, you can't go wrong in rock/metal with a way and fuzz/distortion combo. Go Cliff Burton and Geezer Butler style!
  6. I'll go down to the music store and ill try out some combo pedals, and also i'm goin to try out a dunlop bass wah pedal.