SOLD Creation Audio Labs Redeemer buffer

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by daveman, Mar 23, 2018.

1. daveman

daveman

Jan 10, 2008
    Price:
    IMG_2298.JPG This is a Creation Audio Labs Redeemer clean buffer circuit. The story is, I bought a Bluesman Vintage bass used, and the previous owner had removed this, but was nice enough to send it with the bass. Flash forward to now, I'm doing some gear cleanup and reduction and came across it. With an output jack attached, this sells for $49 on Creation Audio's website. I'm thinking $15 (including mailing) is a pretty good deal since I no longer have the jack. Here's some more info from Creation Audio, plus a link to their site:

"Why do you need a guitar pick-up buffer?
    Because your instrument's output is high impedance your pick-up will suffer from loss of fidelity due to the tone sucking effect of cable capacitance, FX pedal and amplifier loads, as well as the pick-up of stray noises through the connecting cords. Even if you've used a hundred dollar oxygen-free low-capacitance cable, you've probably never heard how good your instrument can truly sound. Also, rolling back your guitar's volume knob raises the impedance even more and you get all the more tone suck. A good guitar buffer kit will fix all this."

Creation Audio Labs

2. Jim C

Jim C I believe in the trilogy; Fender, Stingray, + G&L Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    Do you think the circuit and battery would fit in a Pbass control cavity without modification?

3. daveman

daveman

Jan 10, 2008
    I think so. This one was in a Jazz bass cavity. Here's a video to show installation (in under four minutes) in what looks like a Les Paul 6 string(?)

4. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Midtown Guitars: Ulyate Pickups & StringJoy Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    Neat!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021