1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Criticize my skills! - Piccolo bass video

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by AnorakWW, Nov 26, 2017.

1. AnorakWW

AnorakWW

Aug 11, 2017
    Hello, this is my first post/thread, but I've been lurking around for a while and gathering knowledge from the forum. I've been playing bass daily for 6 years now and a few months ago I started working with pedals and piccolo strings. I also started recording my work to share with others and hopefully change the image of my school's music program (which is relatively underwhelming at the moment). I've had some problems with technique and timing in the past, so I would appreciate any criticism that more experienced players can offer. Thanks!

2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I like what I heard. I would have liked to hear more upper register melody lines. Isn't that the whole idea of piccolo strings?

Garret Graves and AnorakWW like this.
  3. AnorakWW

AnorakWW

Aug 11, 2017
    Yes, typically piccolo strings are used for the higher register. I'll incorporate that into my next video. Thanks for the feedback!

4. Qlanq

Qlanq

Jul 9, 2007
    Swansea
    Nice. How would chords sound with that, and a bit of cod fretless sliding.
    Like your playing.

AnorakWW likes this.
  5. jpmcbride

jpmcbride

Aug 31, 2009
    I like it! Very unique.

AnorakWW likes this.
  6. vjaz

vjaz

Apr 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Thumbs up to your playing. What pedals did you use?

AnorakWW likes this.
  7. AnorakWW

AnorakWW

Aug 11, 2017
    My board consists of a Boss Looper, Soundblox Manta, MXR Chorus, TC Octaver, and Reverb is built into my Roland travel amp

8. AnorakWW

AnorakWW

Aug 11, 2017
    If anyone who sees this wouldn’t mind commenting on my other thread with slap bass, that’d be much appreciated as well.
    Criticize my skills!

9. Basstards

Basstards

Oct 7, 2016
    Really great playing. You obviously have a lot of knowledge concerning bass technique, chord scale relationships, and effects usage. Continue your study.

If I were your instructor, I would ask you to consider how you accent your bass and melody lines. You can really make music sing with proper understanding of what notes should be accented, vs which should be unaccented.

Great job. Keep it up.

AnorakWW likes this.
  10. Chicory Blue

Chicory Blue

Oct 9, 2016
    Looooooops.

I love it. Wonderful economy of time, and super stylish too.

--^@