Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Critters posing with your basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Steve Harris Is, Dec 25, 2005.

1. Steve Harris Is

Steve Harris Is

Jul 4, 2005
    I saw a topic on another Bass ite where people had pics of their basses with Iguanas, cats, dogs, birds, ferrets and one even had a Lobster posed with it! So, I figured I'd let my 2 Pugs ham it up in front of my toys...
    [​IMG]

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  3. I'm definately going to add to this thread when I get ahold of a digital camera. And if I can get my three ADHD dogs to sit still for a few minutes, lol.

-ryan-

PS. My Girl says "Cute dogs!"

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    cute dogs.

here's one of my 5 cats, sammie...

[​IMG]

5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I really hope your cats are declawed, otherwise they would have some extremely fancy scratching posts. :D

6. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    wow <OFF TOPIC> anybody want to try and calculate the value of all the basses combined in that picture </OFFTOPIC>

I'd get a pic but all my animals of ADHD... I'd pose them.. step back... and they'd be gone.

7. Steve Harris Is

Steve Harris Is

Jul 4, 2005
    Thanks, the dogs love to be in the music room with me when I am practicing, they're funny like that.

So what do you have about $40,000 worth of basses or what??

8. Zero Cool

Zero Cool

Mar 20, 2005
    My cat (R.I.P.) and my first bass set up

9. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    heh, well, less than that. but then again, i don't have my ritter in the pic either :D :smug:

10. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    OH MY GOODNESS...

11. Ten custom Conklins in that pic, including a doubleneck, surely that's more than $40,000?

;)

12. A melted top is a $3,000 option... 7 strings are some 5 grand before options... Doubleneck...

I'd say the double neck is worth $18-20,000. But I doubt JT would ever put it up for sale.

13. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    I guess he really like the feel of my bass amp! I'm thinking he got the idea from watching the movie Private Parts (Howard Stern)!

[​IMG]

14. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i like monty python as much as the next guy, more than most, but let's please keep this thread on the topic - pics of basses + critters.

15. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    Milo LOVES my Valenti!

[​IMG]

16. OH... MY... GOD.

If you ever need to give that cat up, please contact me!

17. geoffshort

geoffshort

Mar 29, 2005
    [​IMG] My cat no bass in it though sorry

18. Steve Harris Is

Steve Harris Is

Jul 4, 2005
    No one has a monkey playing a 5 string or a turtle thumping on an upright? I'm disappointed.

19. mobax

mobax Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2002
    New Baltimore, MI
    Is that a Shure Vocal Master that your cat is resting on?

20. Zero Cool

Zero Cool

Mar 20, 2005
    Good eye! Yes, my very first bass rig was a Shure Vocal master PA head i picked up for free! It worked pretty well and the reverb was cool! hahahah

I never used that to play out or anything. I had just started to take lessons and i needed an amp. any amp. I had placed an ad in the local want ads and someone responded with the vocal master. 100watts of crappy solid state power but it worked.

You will note that in the 2nd picture, my cat is sitting on top of a Hatke HA4000 Bass amp and a Mesa 2x15" cab! hahahah a bit of a progression.

Zc