1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Current Value Highway 1?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by baddarryl, Oct 26, 2018.

1. baddarryl

baddarryl Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Cape Fear!
    AC52FF87-7BB4-4B1A-9399-23F7022C49A9. 61FC3631-252E-4195-B854-5ADEC2CA1E7E. 4927F55E-7EF9-42C3-8380-AF090FFCCB09. Hi all I recently picked up a beautiful what turns out to be a Highway 1. This is the first version with the Z serial numbers USA made. It is essentially 95% or better condition with very little wear or play marks on it at all. I didn’t really look at it very well when I bought it and only realizing now that it’s a Highway 1 (I know I know). I really like it and it seems like a good bass. I just want to know what they are currently valued at as the only information I can find is older. Only realize now that it’s a Highway 1 as I thought it was a 60th anniversary because of the tag on the headstock before I really read about it. Are they likely to increase in value at all as they have been discontinued for quite some time? Etc. knowing the person I got it for I think it was a fair price I just want to be sure.

2. Valsmere

Valsmere Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2018
    southern NJ
    i think on reverb. com it has a trending high low valuation. I could be wrong but I thought I saw it on that website
    Regardless very nice looking bass you have there Sir!

3. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
  4. baddarryl

Oct 26, 2008
    Cape Fear!
    Thanks Double E. Yes there is a difference. I wasn’t able to find many for sale anywhere which is the reason I ask this.

5. baddarryl

Oct 26, 2008
    Cape Fear!
    Also it sounds really good but I am considering a pickup upgrade. Hard rock, classic rock, southern etc. Suggestions?