1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Curse you, Dragonforce!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Scarlet Fire, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Scarlet Fire

Scarlet Fire

Mar 31, 2007
    New England
    I've been playing a lot of Guitar Hero 3 lately. I'm not great, but not bad. I can do most of the songs on hard, and the rest on medium. Then I got cocky.

I decided to try and tackle Through the Fire and Flames.

I did a quick run through on easy, just to get my fingers warmed up. No sweat. Got a 96%. So I pumped it up to medium, figuring that would also prove to be an easy task.

I think my arm may have fallen off about midway through the song, and I'm pretty sure I passed out at one point. When I came to, I was trudging through the first solo, unable to feel my fingers, and my shirt had somehow come off.

I soldiered on and finished the song, but just by the skin of my teeth. Now my arm hurts, my ego lies in shambles, and I'm afraid to play that song again.

2. doctorjazz

doctorjazz

Oct 22, 2006
    Wilmington, NC
    Heh, try it on Expert. You'll crap yourself. After hundreds of attempts, I've passed it only once.

3. now play the bass version of it :O

4. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    Hehe. I play expert. The only songs I can't beat are "Raining Blood" and "Through the Fire and Flames". My neighbor is a Guitar Hero prodigy. He has never been able to beat the Dragonforce, but one moring he just got up and played it and beat it in expert without starpower! He showed me and he beat three times in a row without starpower at about 85%. Sad isn't it. At least he plays real guitar though.:rolleyes:

5. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    psh..

I am the worst guitar hero player ever. I can maybe beat a song on easy. It's pretty much a fifty fifty chance though...

6. bassaficionado6

bassaficionado6 Something about gumption

Jan 7, 2008
    Napa, CA
    Me and my friend can get about to the end of the solo (about 85% of the song) and then we fail.

7. Ripper

Ripper

Aug 16, 2005
    NY/NC
    i hear you... i think i beat it the first time during the credits (on easy) but haven't beaten it since.

my girlfriend comes over today and decides to try it (she can barely do anything on medium or easy even) and beat it first try