1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Custom Build, looking for info on Electronics

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Cryptekz, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Cryptekz

Cryptekz

Jun 1, 2011
    To quote from my thread on the main Bass guitar page:

I'm planning on building a bass on Warmoth, (or somewhere cheaper, if you guys have any suggestions) and I'm looking for a particular tone. I want something that's Nice, bright, and clean in the upper tones. Like, While my Guitar Gently Weeps clean. (Also, I'd like to get something similar to Cliff Burton's solo from Orion out of it when it's distorted) I'm also looking for Sludgy, Crunchy Lows with lots of Kick. Think Steve Harris clarity, Meshugga crunch, and... well, I don't listen to much pure sludge metal, but something nice and thick/oozing. It doesn't necessarily have to do all of this at once, but I'd like something that'll have this much variety.

I'm currently looking at Blackouts versus normal ASB 5's.

The Blackouts say that they've got clean highs, where as the ASBs are more natural. Is there anyone who can give me a more in depth explanation here on what they're getting at, and also, are there any suggestions for Pick-ups/Pedals that'll help me achieve all of the above?

2. Cryptekz

Cryptekz

Jun 1, 2011
    Bump?

3. You only waited an hour?

4. Cryptekz

Cryptekz

Jun 1, 2011
    I'm used to an imageboard where threads usually die in an hour, if not sooner. My apologies.

5. Cryptekz

Cryptekz

Jun 1, 2011
    Bumping again.