SOLD Custom Fretless Tele Style "PUNK'N BASS", Orange and Black

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by allcanbforgiven, Feb 10, 2018.

1. allcanbforgiven

allcanbforgiven The Lord's Neck Shop

Oct 20, 2015
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Price:
    $375.00
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    The Bass:
    The Punk'N Bass sports a basswood body, maple neck and maple fingerboard. Built in 2016, it has been set up with a passive Seymour Duncan USA SCPB-2HOT single coil pickup with volume/tone only in a custom USA aluminum lightweight control plate, an international high mass reinforced metal bridge, Hipshot HB6C1/2 USA machine heads, a highly polished bone nut, stained with waterbase stain and clear lacquer home finish. As simple as it gets. The strings are black tapewound and have been on the bass since first life. The strap buttons will fit standard Gotoh strap locks Or I will install regular strap buttons if buyer prefers.

The bass weighs 7.8 pounds. 20180210_064127.jpg 20180210_064136.jpg 20180210_064629.jpg 20180210_064714.jpg 20180210_064746.jpg 20180210_064751.jpg 20180210_064757.jpg 20180210_064804.jpg 20180210_064819.jpg 20180210_064826.jpg 20180210_064950.jpg 20180210_065051.jpg 20180210_065057.jpg 20180210_070655.jpg 20180210_071323.jpg

The bass will come with a used soft shell padded case.

Condition:
    The bass is in excellent used condition and looks and plays awesome! The truss rod works excellent and I haven't had to adjust it since the initial set-up. Other than the old strings this bass looks and feels like new. The finish was done by hand.

I play with the amp setting on Bass 100% mid and treble on 50%, guitar tone on 0% and I get the sweetest low bottom end that I love. It has some nice punch also for a passive pickup.

Payment and Shipping:
    NOTE: I am selling this item locally and on other websites so this item may be cancelled at any time.

I play bass in the worship team at church as a volunteer and have many basses so I'm always playing a different one and none of them get played very much, they are all very clean and hang on my wall when I'm not playing.

Please ask any questions before you buy and I will do my best to answer as quickly as possible. I will be glad to send you more specific pictures If you need me to.

PAYMENT: I accept PayPal ( www.paypal.me/matchboxtoysales ) and Credit Cards with a Square. Please Private Message me with questions or to purchase. I have perfect 100% positive on a diferent site with over 2000 transactions. I have 1 feedback on this site so far.

SHIPPING: You can get a shipping estimate by using my USA Zip Code 43004 for UPS, or Fed-X. The cardboard package size is approximately 52"x21"x9" and weighs approximately 24 pounds.

I will loosen the strings a little, secure the guitar inside the soft case, place the case inside a cardboard box and surrounded it with soft bubbly stuff and popcorn as required.

The entire package will be fully insured for amount sold for.

Buyer pays shipping. I add no personal fees or handling costs for shipping, you pay what UPS charges per package size weight and buyer location.

I can ship international but it tends to be costly. Package weighs approximately 24 pounds and will ship from USA zip code 43004. International buyers can calculate shipping costs on UPS.com as USPS wont ship this size package internationally. Buyer pays for any and all duties taxes or import fees, seller is not responsible for any fees. Tracking to your door can only be provided with appropriate shipping fees paid by buyer. We add no personal fees or handling costs for shipping.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    Gorn, nbsipics, Orange Caesar and 3 others like this.
  2. jeffbass

jeffbass Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2005
    Lexington, KY
    That is very cool.

3. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Midtown Guitars: Ulyate Pickups & StringJoy Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    I like it. What is the Lord's Neck Shop?

allcanbforgiven likes this.
  4. allcanbforgiven

Oct 20, 2015
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Thank you Gord oh!, The Lord's Neck Shop is the name I gave my bass guitar fretless conversion work, I started disliking lined fretless necks and figured out how to make them by replacing the fingerboards with pieces from LMI. The name takes away credit from me for any good work I do and gives credit to the Lord! I play fretless bass exclusively, Look at this fretless guitar i just built! 20180210_111618.jpg

5. allcanbforgiven

Oct 20, 2015
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Thank you Jeffbass!

6. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Midtown Guitars: Ulyate Pickups & StringJoy Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    I respect that. They are beautiful.

allcanbforgiven and TN WOODMAN like this.
  7. chilliwilli

chilliwilli

Aug 17, 2005
    I can’t even begin to picture what this bass would sound like. Really cool looking though

8. allcanbforgiven

Oct 20, 2015
    Blacklick, Ohio
    I made a sound clip to help you picture the sound! I'm not a soloist, or a rock start, I'm a humble worship team player at church. A new Sound bite without all the bottom end!

Amp, Bass knob at 50%, Mid at 50%, Treb at 50%, Guitar volume 30%, Guitar tone at 50%. As hard as it me be to enjoy, enjoy! bill

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  9. chilliwilli

chilliwilli

Aug 17, 2005
    Thanks, but if you want to demo the tone of the bass you might want to think about using a more natural tone next time, like everything wide open with eq set flat for example. It can be difficult for a potential buyer to distinguish whether or not this bass would be a good fit for them with such extreme settings.

10. allcanbforgiven

Oct 20, 2015
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Thanks for the input, I tried a new video as suggested flat I presume.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  11. chilliwilli

chilliwilli

Aug 17, 2005
    Yea that’s much better!

12. allcanbforgiven

Oct 20, 2015
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Thanks chilliwilli, Too bad I dont know a bass song! HA!

13. Orange Caesar

Orange Caesar

Nov 27, 2014
    NorCal
    I dig it!!

I’m a thinking about it... I love stuff that’s a one-of-a-kinder...

And...

Love that fretless you built!

14. allcanbforgiven

Oct 20, 2015
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Thank you!

15. That's a cool bass. Mulling this over, been looking for a fretless. Selling off stuff to generate $ though. But that's a nice, straight-on, simple bass, I like it. Cool stain too.

16. allcanbforgiven

Oct 20, 2015
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Thanks Count Bassie, it plays really sweet too!

Count Bassie likes this.
  17. allcanbforgiven

Oct 20, 2015
    Blacklick, Ohio
    This bass really pumps out the low frequencies. It plays ans sounds very impressive for a passive bass. An EMG-AB220 with a 9 volt battery would totally boost this over the top. But that would add $150. To the price, so thats why I dont do it. But it is an option for the addition cost if that's what it takes!

Bill

Count Bassie likes this.
  18. allcanbforgiven

Oct 20, 2015
    Blacklick, Ohio
    FYI - Sold on other site today for $425.

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021