Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Custom Rack Cases

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CustomFbass, Nov 13, 2003.

1. CustomFbass

CustomFbass

Sep 14, 2003
    Ontario
    I'm looking to buy a custom rack case for going on the road or even just for my own sanity. I have a 6 space SKB right now, non shock mounted or anything. Im looking into getting an 8 space shock mounted rack made at ECM cases in Missasauga. Im going to have it just stay on the casters because ontop on my 8x10 it wouldnt really be cool to lift it that high. Im going to get a vent and a fan in the side if i can to vent my SVT 4. Other things in my rack are a power conditioner, tuner and compressor. Do you think its a waste of money and time or worth it?

2. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    Hey! I bought my rack case from ECM, and I'm pretty happy with it. It's a 12 space elastomer shock rack w/ lidmaker extrusions. However, since I'm selling my "big" amp setup, I don't really need such a big rack. Interested? or is 12 spaces more than you need?

3. coyoteboy

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
  4. coyoteboy

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
  5. CustomFbass

CustomFbass

Sep 14, 2003
    Ontario
    Hey d00d...if you dont mind me asking. What did you pay for it and what are you willing to sell it for? If thats still in the options. I just wanna get my head around the idea before i go with something like this or just getting one made. For what i wanted i was quoted at 600 bucks. 8 Space, fan in side, 4 casters on bottom, nonremovable. Itd just be too heavy and too much to put on top of my 8x10...it can sit on the floor...i think its more badass that way.

Thanks for the reply

6. coyoteboy

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    Let's see. I think I'd start around $500, but there is a chance that my Aguilar won't sell, and in that case, I'd need to keep the case. I'll tell you what, if the amp sells soon, I'll let you know and we'll see if this is the case you need.