1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Custom Squier Bronco & Spector Euro 4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by remy26, Nov 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's time to admit it. I have a problem with buying basses and I can't help myself. This was proven today when I picked up yet another one. Since I've admitted that I have a problem, it's necessary for me to do something to finance it. :D

So, what we have here are a couple of basses on both ends of the spectrum...

First is a Squier Bronco that I picked up to try my hand at a refinish. This started life as a boring old black bass and look at it now! It's certainly not a professional job, there are quite a few blemishes and fine scratches in the finish, but it doesn't look bad unless you get real close. The color is a nitrocellulose Bel-Air Blue (like the old chevys) and I replaced the original headstock decal with a custom one made by me (says Squier by Fender Bel-Aire Special, I kept the original serial number on a homemade label on the back as well). I also put a thin coat of polyurethane on the back of the neck and headstock. The tuners have been replaced with Hipshot Ultralites, the bridge is a Hipshot vintage and I put a new Vintage for Strat pickup with CTS pots in it. It may not be the prettiest belle at the ball, but its a great short-scale bass for someone that's looking for one with some great upgrades. Currently strung with Roto flats and I'll include a set of shrt-scale Fender 5250 NIB. No case or gigbag for this one, but it will be packed well. $175 shipped OBO US only (sorry, no exceptions)!

The next bass is a Spector Euro LX with a beautiful natural finish. It's a neck-through 4-string with PJ pickup set-up. It's in great shape with a few marks that you can feel but not really see (probably from the previous owner using a pick). I think the body wood is maple sandwiching a piece of walnut (but I could be wrong as I'm not a wood expert by far!) Very cool contoured back. Bass is currently strung with Sadowsky Black Label SS strings. It really sounds great and I love the neck profile on this one, but the reach to the first few frets is a little far for me. $875 shipped in a Warwick Rock Bag with a small blemish on the bottom back. US only (sorry, no exceptions)!

Not really looking for trades on these at the moment, but I might consider a Fender P5 or a Carvin SB5000.

IMG_1238.

IMG_1240.

IMG_1241.

IMG_1244.

IMG_1245.

Let me know if you have any questions or need more pics.

Thanks!

2. Monday bump!

3. smokey713

smokey713

Jun 28, 2006
    Cynthiana, Ky
    oh if only i had the money....the spector would have been mine already, how it isnt gone is beyond me

4. Thanks Smokey!

Back to the top!

5. More info on the Spector Euro please. :)

1) When was the bass made?
    2) I take it the bass is sporting the Spector TonePump preamp?

6. funkytoe

funkytoe Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Northern California
    You have PM with a local trade offer on the Bronco.

7. mophead

mophead Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Texas Panhandle
    Hell of a deal on the Spector. May be their best.

8. Why don't I think of these things earlier?! :rollno: :)

1) I don't know. I just sent an email to Spector customer support to see if they can offer some info. I can PM the serial number to you if you think it will help.

2) The date of manufacture will probably help with this, but, once again, I'm ignorant. I'm thinking that the bass isn't very old so you're probably right. I took a look at it and it's still epoxied in the cavity so I'm pretty sure it's original (I bought the bass used) and it looks like a black box with no identifying markings at all.

I'll let you know when I get more information.

Thanks!

9. Deal Pending on the Bronco!

10. No, it's cool, dude.

Just let me know what Spector says about the age of your bass based upon the serial number. They can interpret it; I can't, so I don't want/need it.

And you're right, once they respond regarding the year of the bass that will tell us what the preamp is. I'm pretty sure, like you said, that it's the TonePump in there...which is unfortunate. :rolleyes: But it's still a beauty of a bass!

11. KsPiNeSh

KsPiNeSh

Mar 28, 2008
    Kansas City
    All Euro LXs come (and have only ever come) stock with the Tone Pump, which is the black box.

12. Thanks to Spector's awesome customer service, I've already received a reply to my inquiry! This bass was manufactured in 2005 and is indeed outfitted with the TonePump pre-amp. The body consists of an alder back and maple top with a slice of walnut sandwiched between (that almost makes me hungry).

13. The Spector is off the board for now.

Thanks all!

14. Frank_Lane

Frank_Lane

Nov 21, 2010
    Beautiful Spector, I'm in the market for one but a little too rich for my blood right now. Gl on your sale!:bassist:

15. DynaFlow

DynaFlow

Mar 25, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Is the Bronco still available?

16. Sorry, the Bronco has been traded to Funkytoe (great guy, by the way)!

The Spector is no longer available for now as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.