Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Customer Service

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CLJMB, Feb 9, 2006.

1. CLJMB

CLJMB Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2005
    North Alabama
    Just a note to tell everyone about the outstanding customer service I received from James at the Perfect Bass and Gard at Roscoe. Bought a Roscoe LG-3005 from James. When I got it, it had a few minor issues that I identified to James. James offered to exchange for another or to have it sent to Roscoe for fixes. I opted to send it to Roscoe because I really liked the color of the bass. When Gard received it, he e-mailed me and offered me the option of building me a new bass or fixing the one I sent in. I opted for a new bass with a few changes from the one I had. In the meantime, James sent me another Roscoe to use as a loaner until I got my replacement from Gard. I have now received the replacement Roscoe from Gard and it is awesome! :hyper:

Thanks very much Gard and James, you guys are super. It is so nice to deal with people who take quality and customer service seriously. I will definitely be a repeat customer.

2. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Gard Rules!!!!!!!!!!

Rob

3. sounds like you got great service, roscoe+++

lowsound

4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Craig, thanks but the real tip of the hat needs to go to the boss, Keith. He really believes in what he does, and will do anything reasonable to help someone out. Also, tip of the hat to the guys in the shop that do the work - I just fly a desk, phone, and a computer!

Glad that you're diggin' the bass man! :)

And Rob, naw, I don't rule....just enforce 'em! ;)

5. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

LOL, Gard. Glad to see the Roscoe thing is working out. Miss FLA?

Rob

6. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Me too! :)

Where?

;)

7. Jame at The Perfect Bass is Great Guy and has a great shop. If you're ever in Baton Rouge stop by and check it out. I had the opportunity to visit in December. I was quite impressed. He had several beautiful Roscoe's too!!

8. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    That IS some great customer service! Thumbs up for James.

Keith, Gard and all the folks at Roscoe are fantastic too!!:cool:

9. JOME77

JOME77

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    That's definitely awesome service. Fortunately I've had many Roscoe's (8) and the only issue that I ever had was related to the Hip Shot bridge and Keith sent another out right away and the problem was solved. Awesome people, awesome service!:bassist:

10. gambit0714

gambit0714

May 19, 2004
    Suffolk, VA
    James is the best. He helped me when I was trying mod one of my basses. IMO he's the best in the business.:hyper:

11. alansan

alansan

Mar 12, 2004
    Dublin, Ireland
    The first time I imported a bass from the US was through Gard. Excellent customer service.

12. Mach1FT

Mach1FT

Jan 5, 2006
    Manchester NH

Yeah james at "theperfectbass" is a real nice guy, I just bought an MTD 535 there and after i was having issues with it he offered to take it back also.. and for only a $1399 loss,on top of that he over charged me for it.. so yeah I'm full of love for him

after speaking with mike tobias he told me james offered to take it back,, I told him I told james where he could stick it offering me $2400 to take back, Mike say's Oh he didn't tell me that and agreed he would have told him to stick also..

Then james says well you can't get a better deal than that thats why your calling me????? I got 3 emails from other bass shops that I never did buisness with offer a way better deal, and 1 even offered an even swap.

Would I shop there again? yeah right.. oh but I did get a free T shirt..

edit(jt) : disrespecting another member.

13. Wow! I need to spend more time on here!! I wasn't aware that so many of our customers were out here AND talking good about us. ;)

Ok, maybe I knew that alot of you are here...I just haven't seen many posts talking about TPB directly...and I'm quite honored and humbled by the unsolicited praise...

It also seems that Mach1FT has left a few details out of his post though... That bass was sold on 11/01/2005. It was mid-January (week before NAMM) when we were asked to take it back. More than 2 months later and there were no problems with the bass, which was confirmed by Mike Tobias himself.

We can't take a used bass back and sell it as new...it just isn't the right thing to do... So I offered a more than generous trade so that we could sell the 535 at a reasonable discount and not loose much... The offer was declined.

As for the bass being overpriced...we have a low price guarantee and Player Pricing which gives a more than reasonable discount so that you don't have to feel like you're visiting a used car lot when you shop with us. :)

Thanks again for all of the wonderful comments, I really appreciate it!

Peace to all, and keep it low!

James

14. Mach1FT

Mach1FT

Jan 5, 2006
    Manchester NH
    it was also about a month old when I first talked to you about the problems I was having. which i didn't start playing out until the second week of december, so at that point it was played more in your store than here..

as far as the pricing i told you on the phone I had a better price on it and you pretty much said it wasn't the same color so that was out.. this is an email I got for a trade

Hey Bill,

The Modulus Honeyburst Quantum 5 Wide retails at $4,948.00. Typical
    pricing on
    this bass is $3,469.00. MTD implemented new pricing on basses effective
    1/1/2006. This will actually help the trade in value of the bass. The retail
    increase did not come into effect until 1/1/2006. We would have priced an MTD
    with those specs a little lower than $3,799.00 in November. Pricing
    would have
    run about $3,499.00 on that bass. I realize the bass is more than
    likely almost
    brand new, but we'll have to sell it as a used bass. The Warranty on
    an MTD is
    non-transferrable, and a good warranty is a strong selling point to a
    new bass.
    (Modulus warranty is lifetime on the neck-which is unheard of, and 1 year on
    the electronics). The ballpark estimate for a trade in value we can give you
    on this bass is $2,799.00. If the bass is in good condition, the estimate is
    generally right on. Even a few liitle dings here and there aren't too
    big of a
    deal, but big scratches or dents, etc will decrease the trade in value
    a bit. We'll have to verify the trade in value upon arrival of the
    bass. We'll throw
    in some Planet Bass swag with the deal. Let me know if you have any other
    questions. Thanks Bill!

better deal? they offerd 400 more than the place i bought it from

You also talked to mike the day he got it, the next day his friend played it and they ended up milling the fretts

and I talked to you before I even sent it to Mike, after your wonderful offer I decided to keep it before I'd let you rape me on it

15. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    gard is great, bought a couple of cabs off of him.

16. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

Offering an amount on a trade, and paying cash back for an instrument are apples and oranges. Any dealer can make it "look" like they are giving you a better trade allowance deal simply by discounting the bass you are trading in on more. It's used car 101.

17. Mach1FT

Mach1FT

Jan 5, 2006
    Manchester NH
    yup been there done it.. could go on and on about this but it's not worth it.. i'll burn it in the yard before ..

edit(jt) : calling another member an idiot?

18. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Glad to hear things worked out well for you, Gard is Good People.:)

19. Everyone's entitled to their opinion and I respect that... I'm glad the majority here has had favorable posts though.

Bill, you and Sharon are welcome to call me anytime. I'll be happy to help you any way I can!

Peace!

James