1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Daft question...

Discussion in 'Ask the Berklee Bass Department' started by Captain Slack, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Captain Slack

Captain Slack

Sep 18, 2013
    Hi,

This is probably a daft question, and I suspect the answer will be no, but here goes anyway!
    If I have an amp with two speakon outs, and an 8 ohm cab which also has two speakon connectors, can I connect each output from the amp into both the connectors on the cab? (If that makes sense...).
    I suppose what I mean to ask is will I get the same output as if running into a 4 ohm load?

Thanks

2. Welcome to the forum, Captain Slack! :) The people here are extremely friendly, with a lot of experience and expertise, and are happy to share their knowledge - I hope that you enjoy it here!

Just to let you know that this question should really have been posted in the amps sub-forum (http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/), which is probably why you haven't received any answers yet. Good luck! :)