Damn Relationships

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jace The Bass, Jan 25, 2005.

1. We'll I sort've got a dilema on my hands it's between my drummer and a good class mate of mine ( Sharon )
    As they have been going out for a few months lately they must've had a arguement because both of them have been telling me about their problems now I'm stuck in the middle I mean , why me ?
    Now they both say if I don't support either of them they're gonna think I'm siding with him/her
    Man I wish they could sort things by themselves so I don't know what to do as both are like my best friends what do you guys reckon I should do ?
  2. Flanders

Oct 30, 2002
    Reno, NV
    Make sure they break up. Girls kill bands dead.
  3. Be Switzerland.

Don't get involved.

They both want you to take their side? They don't sound like adults to me.

Good luck.

4. invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Well if you're their best friend, and they're yours, help them out. And if they think you're playing favourites, telll them straight out that youre working in the best inreest of the group, not one person or the other.

Or if you want them to do it themselves, just tell them that. And make a point that it's not worth losing either of their friendships over their argument. Best of luck man! :bassist:
  5. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central

I agree. If they have problems with each other, they need to work it out themselves, not through a 3rd party.
  6. Seconded.
  7. Oh man, I get that stuff all the time, usually with girls who hate each other. I've had to deal with up to 3 parties that hate each other at once.

I just listen in detail to the grievances of all parties, and try to sound logical, while appearing to be completely on their side. That way noone gets pissed at me.
  8. Here's your answer:

"Hey, don't look at me, I'm just the bass player."

You never know, it might work. If not, go with the Switzerland thing. It worked for me. I never got involved unless someone did something to me. Then I killed them.:D

Rock on
  9. Unfortunately, their inability to trust you to give objective advice without taking a side is their problem. In fact, I'd go as far to say that if any of my friends said that to me at this point in my life, then it would be time for me to reevaluate who I consider a friend, but YMMV.

Depending on your situation, I'd make them both feel like crap for being selfish.

10. Yeah I agree I'm doin a runner on this one I have enough on my plate as it is
  11. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I really don't see how stealing their money and artwork and harbouring their war criminals is really going to help in this situation. :D
  12. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    You should have sex with sharon.
  13. Naww, he meant: just yodel every time they bring up the situation.
  14. I expected that comment from Mark Lats or Benji
    ohh well some people do come up with surprises
    Maybe I could work on the Medusa technique :D
    Seriously though I'm not attracted to her so tonight at our next gig I'm gonna tell my drummer that I'm not gonna get involved and to leave them to it
    So hears hoping it turns out O.K for them
  15. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  16. Alwight guys stop putting thoughts into my head

* Pictures in my mind * Dammit Arghhh