1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Danelectro Long Horn Bass issues

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by dlowell3517, Aug 26, 2012.

1. dlowell3517

dlowell3517

Aug 26, 2012
    Hello,
    I have 3 Danelectro Longhorn basses. All but one of the basses buzzes like hell. Like really, really, really bad hum. Is there a simple fix? It seems to me like there must be a recurrent problem for these basses to buzz so loud. I am hoping I can send both of the buzzing basses off to someone i.e. Danelectro and they can fix this issue.

I live in Atlanta, Ga. Any suggestions on where to get these basses fixed?

2. ShiftyShift

ShiftyShift

Mar 12, 2012
    Make sure you're wiring is correctly grounded and your cavities are all correctly shielded. Look for any loose/broken connections in your wiring too. Always do this first when you have a problem. I don't know of any good places in Atlanta (Mostly because I've never looked), but if its just a simple ground problem you should be able to do it yourself.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    First place I'd look is the wiring harness, and the second place I'd look is under the bridge to make sure the ground for the bridge is making contact with the metal parts. Danos hum sometimes because of single coils, but this sounds like you have a broken ground in there.

retrosynth likes this.