1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

SOLD David Gage Gotham Roller Bass Wheel PRICE DROP AGAIN

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Bass Amps, Strings, & Accessories' started by FLORINS, Sep 29, 2016.

1. FLORINS

FLORINS Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2016
    NYC
    Price:
    $50
    I'm still clearing out some stuff from recently moving... I got this wheel new when I bought my current DB about 2 years ago. I used it for a few months and then received a Bass Buggy as a gift, which is now what I use regularly (just better for my purposes going in and out of an apt building and up stairs). This wheel has just been sitting in the closet. I would call it lightly used - definitely a few scuff marks on the wheel and shaft but good condition overall as pictured. 5/16" shaft. Asking $50 including shipping in CONUS. Paypal preferred.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  2. wilsonn

wilsonn

Sep 26, 2005
    New York
    PM sent regarding shaft size.

3. FLORINS

Feb 18, 2016
    NYC
    Responded - shaft size appears to be 5/16".

4. basstef

basstef Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2004
    Bologna, Italy
    pm sent

5. Jay Bob

Jay Bob

Mar 20, 2016
    Brooklyn, NY
    Curious about any other impressions you have regarding the David Gage wheel.

6. FLORINS

Feb 18, 2016
    NYC
    Full disclosure I only have first hand experience with the Gage wheel and the Bass Buggy. I prefer the Gage wheel for maneuverability and cuz its small, light, solidly built, and simpler than the Buggy. But, for me the Buggy is a must cuz I have several awkward doors to go thru in my apt building and it's awsome to be able to free up my hands to grabs keys, etc.

7. Jay Bob

Jay Bob

Mar 20, 2016
    Brooklyn, NY
    I see, thanks!

8. FLORINS

Feb 18, 2016
    NYC
    Still for sale. Dropping price from $60 to $55 shipped in the CONUS.

9. cacophonic

cacophonic

Mar 18, 2008
    San Francisco
    For those curious about this wheel, I bought one at ISB 2015 and have been using it with my two basses (one rather heavy, the other about average in weight). My experience in brief:

Well-made with quality materials. Spring suspension soaks-up the typical minor pavement bumps better than pneumatic wheels I've used. Solid tire rolls more easily than pneumatic tires.

This is a good price for a good product. If the shaft were 10mm instead of 5/16", I would have bought it.

RRR likes this.
  10. FLORINS

Feb 18, 2016
    NYC
    Down to $50.

11. FLORINS

Feb 18, 2016
    NYC
    Sold pending payment

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021