1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DB advice

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by dudi8, May 9, 2015.

1. dudi8

dudi8

Apr 13, 2010
    Hungary
    Hi!
    i came across a bass for sale and I'm not sure about the price... the seller says that he doesn't know how old is the bass or who built it, but he thinks its hungarian, the front back and sides are maple and he wants 2400 euros
    is that a reasonable price?

pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Can you take a picture of the label inside?
    Should be seen through the F-hole on the E string side.

3. dudi8

dudi8

Apr 13, 2010
    Hungary
    no label...

4. bassmastan

bassmastan Guest

Jun 25, 2011
    This is on that Facebook page almost all of these basses are new hungarian basses that are called "old". They are always posted without a price, and these "makers" rarely ship. From what I have heard, the wood is green, and while materials look nice, they're usually made from cheap materials... I would just say, buyer beware...

geoffbassist and dudi8 like this.
  5. wathaet

wathaet

May 27, 2007
    That is a brand new bass. There is a person of lesser morals that keeps selling these here in sweden and passes them off as 100 year old basses. I have had several students buy these against my advice. As he is a very skilled con artist he convinced them otherwise - all of them cracked badly within the year.

6. Mr Ralph

Mr Ralph

Jul 12, 2014
    Hinckley Ohio
    Honestly it looks new. The wood and hardware does not look seasoned or aged at all. I would not walk the other way I would run.

wathaet, geoffbassist and dudi8 like this.