DB to BG

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jnmhorn, Oct 9, 2005.

1. jnmhorn

Jun 28, 2005
    I have been playing the Double Bass for about two and a half years and I am looking to experiment with an Electric Bass. I was looking at Squier P-Bass for about $109 as well as a Epiphone Bass. I am wondering what model/brand to get in general. I really prefer dealing with the local music stores but buying from Guitar Center is fine. I am in Berkeley, CA and the story I prefer is The Starving Musician. Also, if you have been there recently, there is a nice Palatino there that I am interested in buying can anyone give me any advice? Price range: $80-140, 150

Jacob Horn
  2. I'd get an SX.

RondoMusic.net has a ton of them.

There is a whole megathread dedicated to them. Excellent starter basses.
  3. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    I'd get an SX, and I would stay away form the Palatino.
  4. jnmhorn

Jun 28, 2005
  5. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    The SX is pretty close to a house brand for Rondo. They're made in Korea for Rondo...If you check out the Essex bass megathread, you'll see that they've become the de-facto standard for cheap electric basses...They're in the range of the squires with better fit & finish. It seems like a ton of guys who have higher range gear also have a couple of SX basses kickin' 'round too.
  6. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    spend your time practicing db....bg will seem like a simple game after you become proficient on the db...
  7. jnmhorn

Jun 28, 2005
    I've fiddle around with a BG and it is very easy and trivial once you know DB.
  8. :rolleyes: