Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dead Can Dance

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by geshel, Sep 19, 2005.

1. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Anyone see(ing) them on their current tour? Saw them last night in Seattle - excellent!

Brendan played a bass for one song too :) -- a black MM Stingray. Sounded like it had flats on it.

2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Never got a chance to see them since they tour so rarely, but I have all their albums back to the first self titled one with the masks...bought it when it first came out.

They're truely a unique experience.

3. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Yes - I'm glad I got to see them again, but it was also really cool that a pretty good number of people in the audience never had the chance to before, as they were probably pretty young.

And the show wasn't like some old rock band dredging up the hits (as, for instance, the Bauhaus reunion show felt like to me - it was really good, but still). Their music has a timeless quality, and performance wise you'd never have guessed that they'd been apart for 9 years.

4. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY

From what I hear, they pretty much live on different continents, and have for a long time...communicating in recordings sent back and forth...so I would guess they're pretty used to it.

I was at the NYC Bauhaus Resurrection shows...I have no complaints at all...I even ran into a bunch of old college friends and got to catch up with them.

No surprise that I don't begrudge Bauhaus anything, with my screen name and all...David J rocks pretty freekin' hard.

5. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    That's true, they were working like that for the last couple years back then as well.

I really did enjoy the Bauhaus show - though, I really didn't like Peter's version of Severance. He tried to sing the hurdy gurdy part, and, well, it didn't work. Maybe he was having an off night.