1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dead space at start of recording

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by blipndub, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Anyone know how to remove "dead air" from the beginning of a Cakewalk session. Or, move all tracks over on the time rular. I've shortened an intro and now I have all this unrecorded space.

2. lillitnn92

lillitnn92 °

Jun 15, 2006
    harrisonburg, va
    just finish it and the export it as a wav file and edit that part out using Audacity. if you can export as mp3 file and you have the mp3 plugin for Audacity, then you could go that route also.

3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

4. Oh, right, thanks. I'm not ready to export, still recording parts, I think I can set the loop to start where I want it and just put the end loop point at the end of the song.

5. ...and thought i would post in case anyone had this problem in the future
    If you click and drag across the ruler bar in CakeWalk and then go to Edit/Delete you can select "Delete Hole" and that will kill the empty space and move the whole project to that point. Very useful and not a right click option, which only offers a cut.

I'm using Cakewalk Home Studio 2

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 17, 2021