1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dean Edge Six String Pickups

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by idResponse, Oct 1, 2008.

1. So... I just got back my Dean Edge 6... I originally picked this thing up 5 or so years ago at a pawn shop then sold it to my drummers brother. He never ended up playing it and just sold it back to me.

I've been playing a BC Rich Mockingbird and my G&L SB-1. The Mockingbird has active pickups that sound really nice and clear and punchy, and the SB-1 has a passive pickup that matches the volume of the active Mockingbird, is punchy with more mid growl but picks up a lot of feedback if i use any overdrives.

So this Dean Edge 6 the pickups are half the volume. They're passive EMG-HZ pickups. I've got a Sansamp BassDI that tends to at least somewhat solve my problem of the crappy sounding pickups, however, once you click on the sansamp, you sound like a sansamp.

so what is the best solution to remedy this? new pickups or is there some sort of preamp solution I can shove into this beast? I'm searching for budget conscious solutions. Thanks everyone!
    :hyper: