1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Delay pedals with low cut out there?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Massimo636, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Massimo636

Massimo636

Aug 3, 2011
    I am looking for a new delay pedal. I don't care if it's analog or digital, but what I really want is to be able to EQ the repeats to cut out the bass frequencies. Modulating repeats would also be a nice bonus. Can anyone suggest such a pedal to me? I've tried to search around, but I can barely find ANY that have such an option. Thanks!

2. justinkimmel

justinkimmel

Feb 25, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    Mesa Boogie Amplification
    I'm pretty sure the Electro Harmonix Memory Man w/ Hazarai does this.

3. alec

alec

Feb 13, 2000
    Perth, Australia
    Eventide TimeFactor. And I would guess the Strymon TimeLine. Both big on size, price and options.

4. Boss DD-20 can also do this.

5. marijn van gils

marijn van gils

Jan 23, 2002
    Belgium
    TC Electronics Nova Repeater or Delay.
    They have a tone knob that allows you to seriously cut the low end (or high end if you would like to) of only the repeats. Another knob gives two modulation choices: vibrato or chorus.

I own a Repeater for some years and love it: great sound, tap tempo and a ton of features in a moderately sized and priced pedal! I don't seem to miss any of the extra features that the (more ecpensive) Nova Delay offers.

6. pantherairsoft

pantherairsoft

Apr 22, 2009
    Derby, UK
    Does the tone knob on the DD-20 not effect the tone of the played notes as well when the pedal is active? I used to use one and 'thought' that was the case - It has been a while though.

The repeater has this option, but the Nova Delay does not. The Delay replaces the tone knob with a colour knob which emulates analogue, tape or digital delay. While this does effect the 'tone' of the delay, it also adds the character of those delay types and can't be used for any sort of 'low cut'. The delay has more modulation options than the repeater, but it sounds like the low cut is the priority here, so I'd avoid that one.

7. EskimoBassist

EskimoBassist

Nov 2, 2007
    Leeds, UK
    The M9 can do this (and a whole lot more). A bit large perhaps for just a delay pedal though.

8. Good question, I'll give it a shot tomorrow night at practice. I usually keep the tone knob pretty neutral for my uses.

9. Massimo636

Massimo636

Aug 3, 2011
    Awesome! Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I'm looking into all of them.