1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale/Trade Demeter VTBP-201 Bass Preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by pbassnut, Jan 14, 2019.

1. pbassnut

pbassnut Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2004
    Falls Church, VA
    Price:
    $350
    For Sale or Trade: Demeter VTBP-201 Bass Preamp. In excellent physical condition and in perfect working order. This is Demeter's older, 1.5 rack space version of this all tube classic, very well regarded bass preamp. I actually A/B'd it against one of the newer single rack space VTBP-201S versions of it and liked my older version better due to it's thicker bottom end. My Demeter also includes the optional Jensen transformer driven DI output which is considered to be one of the best in the business. Sounds great with all basses, but works particularly well for Fender Jazz basses due to the ability to switch the center frequency of the bass control between 120 Hz and 60 Hz. The 120 Hz setting enables you to get some of that Fender Precision like low-mid thickness out of a Jazz bass. $350

Pictures ...

Demeter VTBP-201 Bass Preamp

NOTE: This sale (or trade) does NOT include the SKB 3 space X-Rack or Furman power conditioner it is pictured with.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    murphy, daddymactx, Dee-man and 6 others like this.