1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

did Webstrings close?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Ender_rpm, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Ender_rpm

Ender_rpm

Apr 18, 2004
    St. Louis MO
    Placed and order 16 September, nada to date. Have emailed a couple times, seems I always remember to check up in the AM before they would be open on the West Coast. Anyone?

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    That's why I stick with www.basstringsonline.com
    No reason to shop anywhere else really.

That being said, did you get a tracking number for your order from Webstrings?

3. Jon Moody

Jon Moody Commercial User

Sep 9, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Manager of Digital Brand Development and Product Development at GHS Strings
    This is on the very top of their homepage, so I'm assuming there is a shortage.

"Dear Webstrings customers, things are looking up. Everything that we've been out of is beginning to come back and it all looks great!! To all of you who've been so patient, Thank You!!"

4. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    I wondered this myself.....
    A fellow tber told me about their flats and i wanted to give them a try. Called at least 5 times and no answer, emailed at least 3 and no reply.
    Wont give my money to that kind of service.

5. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    GHS Precision Flats are about $1 more at Bass Strings Online with the TB user discount and much better strings. Might even be cheaper depending on how much WS charges for shipping. More importantly, you'll have them in a few days even if they have to come straight from GHS.

6. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    I've used webstrings in the past. Not bad strings. bassstringsonline does get all my business now though.

7. Toptube

Toptube Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2009
    I've never tried to contact them before. But I'm sure the shortages are a hiccup. I've ordered several sets from them in the past, with no issue.

I'm not too keen on their stainless, but their nickels are a solid buy and their flats are pretty unique.

8. Ender_rpm

Ender_rpm

Apr 18, 2004
    St. Louis MO
    Well, I sent them another email, and started a Paypal dispute. That "getting better" disclaimer was up before I ordered, so whether it was stock issues (They've been out of the 5 string flats for a while) or what have you, not getting back to me isn;t ok. they've always been very prompt in the past, got me worried.

I've used their nickel rounds (SB1), SS rounds (Jazz), and flats (Both, and Fretless), and all work for me.

9. JustForSport

JustForSport

Nov 17, 2011
    Haven't ordered in a little while- trying out too many others,
    but I like their nickel rounds and s/s flats (lots better B than Chromes on all I've strung them on) - still have a few new sets around.
    Once a B broke tuning up: an email, and another was immediately shipped to replace it.
    Email communication was fast and really helpful.
    Small companies can have hiccups that larger ones more easily get around, so given my experience and the price/ quality factor,
    I'd be a bit more tolerant than for a larger company.
    Just hope everything's alright over there.

10. mtdmind

mtdmind

Apr 17, 2012
    Ender,just wondering what the results for your dispute were. I used to use webstrings until they shorted me on an order. They never returned my emails or phone calls. I wonder how a business like that can stay in existence.

11. Ender_rpm

Ender_rpm

Apr 18, 2004
    St. Louis MO
    Thread necro!!!

Anyone ordered from them lately? Did they in fact go belly up? Website is up, but I can;t see that anything has changed in the last year.

I ended up getting my money back, but no communication by the business to myself OR Paypal, apparently.