1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

difference

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by side, Feb 23, 2008.

1. side

side

Feb 23, 2008
    hi.
    What difference is between "fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass Ash" and "ferder American Deluxe Jazz Bass"

2. palmann

palmann

Sep 3, 2006
    Germany
    The r and the ash.

Gruesse, Pablo

3. Neener

Neener Grumpy Old Dog

Feb 25, 2007
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    The FeNder American Deluxe Jazz Bass is alder.

Not sure about the "R" model. :rolleyes::D

4. side

side

Feb 23, 2008
    I don't understand. What is ash body

5. Ah, youz guyz...

side, they're taking the piss because you should have spell-checked before posting. The diff is that the non-ash model has a body made of Alder, instead of ash. mellower sound, apparently...

6. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    Guys, quit making fun of those who happen to know less than you do. You are here to help out.

side: it's just a question of what kind of wood the body is made of. If it's not ash it's alder.

7. Neener

Neener Grumpy Old Dog

Feb 25, 2007
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Ok, sorry. :(

Ash: Has slightly less mids with more highs and lows.
    Alder: Has more of a high mid sound.

Your results may very but those definitions are usually the general consensus.

Personally, I couldn't really tell the difference, but that just may have been the particular Jazz's I was playing.

Hope this helps. ;)

8. Neener

Neener Grumpy Old Dog

Feb 25, 2007
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    One other thing, ash usually has a more defined wood grain appearance.

9. side

side

Feb 23, 2008
    Thanks. Now i understand about that :). So what can you say about fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass Ash. I'm thinking to buy it, it looks nice bass to me.