1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Digitech valve FX Anyone?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bobdudeman, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Bobdudeman

Bobdudeman

Jul 23, 2011
    Any one ever used one of these for a bass guitar. I have a chance to grab one for $50 with a nice control one pedal and want to know if it will soung ok or not. Thanks

2. i have one. it currently hum's really bad (need to check grounding). it's an early digital fx processor. the distortion is a bit sterile. the presets are a bit heavy & need to be be dialed back a bit. it's a huge pallate & you can make some funky sounds with it, so if that's worth $50 to you then by all means jump on it.

for bass, i did a nice impression of Screw by The Cure with it.
    The Cure - Screw (Peel Session) - YouTube

3. That is a cool unit but i have never played bass thru one. One gtr player I work with uses one and gets a broad range of tones super cleans, nice warmies, crunchy crunch to full on blast tones and the modulations delays and verbs are excellent.
    It should sound decent and your amp might be able to make up some of the low loss if there is any.

4. Bobdudeman

Bobdudeman

Jul 23, 2011
    Thanks, those were my concerns. Of course ask anyone at GC and they are too narrow minded and look at you odd.

5. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    I remember them sounding pretty good, and a little noisy. They are great for 15 year old technology. Probably can't be beaten for the price.