SOLD Dingwall Combustion NG-3X

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by puremetal33, Oct 25, 2018.

1. puremetal33

puremetal33 ...beware the Hammer of Thor

Apr 8, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Price:
    Strings:
    I purchased this bass less than a month ago from Bass San Diego. These are pretty rare to find in stock anywhere as production lead times are up to a year for new builds now.

Simply put, the NG-3X is the best bass in its price range, bar none. Dingwall's innovative fanned fret system means a longer scale length for the bass side, leading to the best sounding B string on the planet. The bass also contains the Darkglass Tone Capsule preamp, and Nordstrand designed pickups. Sounds and plays great.

Why am I selling it? I'm mostly a 6 string guy these days, and every time I pick up a bass to play, I lean toward the 6. As a result, this bass has less than 12 hours of playing time on it. Selling it to put an order deposit on the 6 string version of the same bass.

I'll include a Protec gig bag that's nicely padded in the price as well.

I'm mostly looking for cash (PayPal) but would contemplate a trade for a nice 6 string bass and cash as well. Willing to negotiate on price within reason but these basses sell for $2200 new now and this one has minimal playing time on it, no scratches or dings. I might consider a straight trade for a Spector Euro or US Bolt on 6 string. Cash, however, is king. Buyer is responsible for shipping costs.

PM me or reply here if you have more questions or would like more pics.

Thanks for looking!

Pics:
    IMG_1419_zpsqdu9cn0k.jpg

IMG_1420_zpsvzac4yk9.jpg

IMG_1422_zpskrxy8clm.jpg

IMG_1428_zpsozgqdwd3.jpg

IMG_1429_zpsqaueeols.jpg

2. Bartrinsic

Bartrinsic Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2018
    San Diego
    I bought the white one from the same batch at Bass San Diego. I'm NOT selling it! However, I can verify that what the seller writes above is generally true, since I saw this bass hanging on the wall when I picked mine up. These are excellent Dingwall instruments and a great opportunity to try one without ponying up for a custom order. 24 minutes and counting--act fast!

puremetal33 likes this.
  3. Brianvw

Brianvw

May 12, 2011
    What a beauty! GLWTS!

puremetal33 likes this.
  4. Brianvw

Brianvw

May 12, 2011
    PM sent

puremetal33 likes this.
  5. puremetal33

Apr 8, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    She is sold pending completed payment. Will update once that happens. :)

Brianvw likes this.
  6. Bassheart365

Bassheart365

Oct 19, 2014
    Northern California
    "A good bassist determines the direction of any band." - Ron Carter
    I new an NG3 won't last long...

7. puremetal33

Apr 8, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Payment has been received and this bass is officially sold!

Brianvw likes this.
  8. johnsonabq

johnsonabq Watch out where the huskies go... Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Albuquerque, NM
    Glad it sold. Please change the heading from For Sale to Sold that way it won't show up when people search for Dingwalls that really are for sale. Thanks!

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 28, 2022