1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD Dingwall Super J 4-String in Trans Black

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by FredeRICK, May 5, 2019.

1. Price:
    $2900
    Strings:
    Super J Beauty Shot.jpg
    A spectacular Canadian-made bass, which is easily the most stunning instrument I've ever been fortunate enough to play. I'm only selling it because I have a custom Dingwall on order and some gear has to go to make room for (i.e. finance) the new purchase. Has to be seen in person to truly be appreciated.

This bass has the fastest, most playable compound-radius neck you will ever find, and that's simply no exaggeration. Playability is further enhanced by the thinner Dingwall banjo frets. It's a medium scale fanned-fret (AKA 'multi-scale') design, which ranges from a 32" G string to a 34.25" E string. The chambered swamp ash body lowers the weight to an incredible 7 lbs, 10 ounces. It's in very good condition, but is not a closet queen, so it comes with exactly the kind of wear you'd expect to find in a working instrument, with some very minor body wear (fine scratches in the polyurethane coating) on the reverse side and some insignificant 'beauty mark' dimples in a couple of spots. These minor blemishes are only noticeable in specific lighting conditions, i.e. under a 'raking' light: when shining a bright light towards your eye from the far side of the body and viewing from an extremely shallow angle.

FEATURES:
    - 7 lbs, 10 oz.
    - Chambered swamp ash body
    - Maple fretboard*
    - 5-piece maple neck
    - Matching headstock*
    - Black pearloid block markers*
    - Hipshot D-Tuner on E string*
    - Banjo-size fret wire
    - 5-piece maple neck
    - FD-3 "Super Fatty" pickups
    - Dingwall gig bag
    - Colour-coded Dingwall-supplied Allen wrenches
    - 18-volt operation, with Dingwall's proprietary 'no-tool-required' magnetic battery compartment

* indicates an optional custom upgrade

Only trade I'm interested in would be a Rickenbacker, plus cash.

I will pack it carefully for shipping in the gig bag, with bubble wrap and a well-marked cardboard box. Please note that the buyer is responsible for all shipping costs, including insurance/taxes/duty/etc.; however, I will pay for shipping if purchased within Canada (though the buyer will still be responsible for any shipping insurance they wish to add).

PLEASE NOTE:
    This was originally an active bass, which came from Dingwall with a Glockenklang preamp with a push/pull active/passive pot, but a previous owner had it turned into a passive instrument, which I also personally prefer. I will include the active hardware separately, but I have no idea if it is still in working order. I have no reason to believe that it doesn't work, but I've never used it so I simply can't verify that. I've adjusted the price downward to reflect that uncertainty, but I assume it would likely be a very simple matter to restore it back to active, should you so desire.
    20190505_020832.jpg 20190505_020006.jpg 20190201_151555.jpg 20190505_020842.jpg 20190201_113002.jpg

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  2. Infidelity

Infidelity Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Melbourne, FL
    Why can't this have an extra string? I would've bought this in a heartbeat if it's a 5'ver!

3. been_effected

been_effected

Mar 18, 2007
    +1!

Gorgeous bass - GLWTS

FredeRICK likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021