Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dispatch?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by rockstarbassist, Jun 10, 2004.

1. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    I know they haven't even been a band for the past 2 years, but just wanted to see if anyone here was into them when they were still together. We do some covers of "The General", "Open Up", and "Two Coins" and people LOVE it.

Anyone else get down on some Dispatch? :)

2. glydebass

glydebass

Dec 3, 2003
    Atlanta Ga
    Heck yeah
    Dispatch is one of my favorite "bands" I'm just so bummed ill never get to see them live. My favorite songs are Mission, Water Stop, Steeples, and Hey Hey.

3. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    I just love 'em. I only found out about them last summer when we started doing some covers, but they'd already broken up by then. They all wanted to have "solo" careers, but I honestly have no idea why the hell they'd give up that band for selfish reasons. Ridiculous. Some of the best "non-big" music I've ever heard. "Hey Hey" is definitely a fave that my guitarist and singer do acoustic. I love that damn song just about more than anything.

4. I Like the general, railway, and my all time fave is probably flying horses!

5. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    Oh man, Dispatch rocks. :bassist: It just occurred to me that I haven't listened to them lately. I know what I'll be doing tonight...

The General is one of the few complete songs I know on guit*r. :p I know a lot of the bass lines, though.

I was at a bonfire on a beach last week. A good number of people there were musicians (about 20 of the 100 present), so we brought about 3 acoustic guitars, a few bongos, and a full drum kit (and it was a long haul from the parking lot!). Someone decided to start playing the General, and pretty soon we had a group of about 15 people singing and playing along. Good times. :D I really want an AEB now...

6. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX

NICE choice. :)

I still have to go with "Hey, Hey", even though no bass is involved. "Open Up" is one of the few songs I play through all the way when I'm just messing around. So fun...

7. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Great band! We did a killer cover of Here We Go in a band I was in a few years ago and I went out and bought the Disc.
    Good stuff, Good bassplayer!