1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Display Cab??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ashtray, Feb 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Someone on CL is selling a "display model" Eden 8x10 cab. Oh, like the store demo model? No - they state the cabinet is real and wired up but the speakers are all dummy speakers. What???

Has anyone heard of this before? I've seen cabinet "faces" that were for stage props, or full empty fake boxes for that visual wall of sound for concerts - but this sounds like its a real (assuming heavy) cabinet wired up - but fake speakers.

For what purpose would that be a display?

Eden 8x10 Bass Speaker Cabinet Display Model

2. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    Creative story from that pawn shop - "A" for effort :thumbsup:. I suspect it is just a blown cab. Nobody makes fake speakers - they'd cost more than real ones.

wcriley likes this.
  3. Yeah, I've never heard of fake speakers before.

4. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    How would you connect wires to fake speakers? Without it being a fire hazard?

Yeah. It's just broken.

5. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    CA
    Would cost more than the cabinet is worth to replace 8 speakers. Reconing probably isn't a possibility because they don't appear to be stock Eden drivers (which usually have a greyish cone):

606124000484000-00-500x500.jpg

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021