Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Distortion and eq

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Zalle, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Zalle

Zalle

Jul 24, 2005
    Sweden
    Hi bassplayers!

What do you do when you are bored at your work? I tell you, you surf in to the talk bass and talks about gear for the bassplayer

Anyone more than me that searching for the optimal distortion?, If you don´t have the money to buy a ampeg, you have to build it up! My idea is to have a clean signal and a distorted one, with the right middle`s high, and mix it in my Rane mixer. So far I found the zoom 9030 to be a real killer, but its alot of buzz and hizz in that box. Im now on my way to get a Mxr DI 80, and a equalizer to it, is there anyone who works or think in the same way? im thinking of a Rane Pe15 eq or a Art 451 eq. My main amp is a EBS Fafner, but I also can use it as a clean amplifier. I have tryed the sansamp but its not really what Im looking for, Also I have the Boss Mt2, its good if you only blend in the signal just alilttle.

I think this with distortion for us bassplayers is a tricky one, the idea for me is to have a sound near billy sheehans sound.

Well, time to work for me!
    Best regards,

2. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    hmm

get a Billy Shehan SVP preamp? :)