1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Distortion and eq

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Zalle, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Zalle

Zalle

Jul 24, 2005
    Sweden
    Hi bassplayers!

What do you do when you are bored at your work? I tell you, you surf in to the talk bass and talks about gear for the bassplayer

Anyone more than me that searching for the optimal distortion?, If you don´t have the money to buy a ampeg, you have to build it up! My idea is to have a clean signal and a distorted one, with the right middle`s high, and mix it in my Rane mixer. So far I found the zoom 9030 to be a real killer, but its alot of buzz and hizz in that box. Im now on my way to get a Mxr DI 80, and a equalizer to it, is there anyone who works or think in the same way? im thinking of a Rane Pe15 eq or a Art 451 eq. My main amp is a EBS Fafner, but I also can use it as a clean amplifier. I have tryed the sansamp but its not really what Im looking for, Also I have the Boss Mt2, its good if you only blend in the signal just alilttle.

I think this with distortion for us bassplayers is a tricky one, the idea for me is to have a sound near billy sheehans sound.

Well, time to work for me!
    Best regards,

2. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    hmm

get a Billy Shehan SVP preamp? :)