1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Do I Need It?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MarkAndHisBass, Dec 1, 2006.

1. MarkAndHisBass

MarkAndHisBass

Nov 4, 2006
    Scotland
    Hi guys. In need some expert advice from you.

I really want an Electro-Harmonix Big Muff but have a Boss ME-50B multi effects unit with the same distortion as what the Big Muff pedal has. I was just wondering if the Big Muff pedal has more tone or power than what the multi effects has.

Thanks

2. Muff is Muff. Nothing can sound like a Muff. But a Muff.

3. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    You can't really have MORE tone. You can have different tone. Many people use the words "better tone", but that's a subjective opinion based on their preferences. As far as more power, the Muff can give you a volume boost, if you choose to set it that way. Yes, the ME-50B has distortion, but it's not the same sound as a Muff. I'll repeat what ALiP BoB said...Muff is Muff.

4. MarkAndHisBass

MarkAndHisBass

Nov 4, 2006
    Scotland
    Thanks for that guys. I think I know what'll be under my tree at christmas :p

5. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    While you're at it, make it a LITTLE Big Muff :D

6. I also have the ME-50B, and I own a Russian BMP. The Muff Fuzz setting on the ME-50B doesn't sound anything at all like the Big Muff Pi. The model is much harsher sounding, and not terribly pleasent, in my opinion.

7. MarkAndHisBass

MarkAndHisBass

Nov 4, 2006
    Scotland
    Do you mean that the Big Muff doesn't sound pleasent or the multi-effects unit?

8. :rolleyes: :p