Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Do you like Limeade?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Jul 5, 2005.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I have been making a lot of lemonade lately and i was thinking of using limes in the same process to make limeade, any one like limeade or make thier own?.

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Yes, I am actually quite fond of it, I find it to be more refreshing and thirst quenching than regular lemonade most of the time.

3. JTbass

JTbass

Jul 2, 2004
    Asutin TX
    limeade>lemonade

4. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    I love limeade, in the past couple years it has completely replaced lemonade in my cold beverage diet.

5. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Can you post a recipe. I could hawk it on the street for 5c a glass...whaddya think ma?

(okay please just post a recipe) :D

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I think it is tasty, but it will never replace lemonade for me.

-Mike

7. MAJOR METAL

Boiling hot water ( what ever amount you need) 2-4 thinly sliced fresh lemmons to go into the boiling water 1 cup sugar mix it all up and let it sit in your refrigerator for several hours listening to Metallica really loud and you will have some of the finest lemonade you will ever have ;)

8. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I take it a step further... cherry-limeade from Sonic. :cool:

9. stu FORD

stu FORD

May 22, 2004
    limeaid, sounds like a huge concert to raise money/awareness for the inhumanity being commited to limes

10. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I squeeze a bunch of lime or lemon juice into the boiling water rather than just cutting them up and putting them in there.

Mark, if you do a google search for "lemonade recipe" or "world's best lemonade recipe" or "lemonaussie recipe" you'll probably find some good ones.

I love limes in just about any form and I use them a lot in cooking. Sometimes I just buy some of that Minute Maid Cherry Limeade too.. I'm also a fan of the Sonic concoction. Just had one today.

brad cook

11. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Limeaide ROCKS, I've been running it through my carbonator and it's even better (if you like bubbles that is...) I first checked it out when we were visiting my Brother-In Law in Boston at a little Mexican resturaunt and haven't looked back. some of the commercial ones are OK. I think the Paul Newman is WAY better than the Minute-Maid one, but home made kills them all.

12. Sounds like there's plenty of abuse going on. Maybe we should consider a limeaid concert.

Randy

13. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA
    Oh the limanity!

14. MAJOR METAL

I have seen frozen limeade in the store that your supposed to add water to but i would prefer to make it homemade.

15. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    there was a period of months where a friend of mine came across minute maid limeade and we were hooked...but it quickly subsided (too much of a good thing?) now i think its too sweet...but i'd really like to try making some of my own. maybe when i get some time off i'll give it a whirl

-jimbo

16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    There are no Sonic Drive-Ins around where I live. When I was in Boise, Idaho last summer, I saw one. I wanted to stop in and see what all the hype is about. I went for the cherry-limeade. It looked so yummy, and refreshing. What I received from my server was what tasted like a melted Otter Pop. It was disgusting. Next time, I'll just put 10 scoops of sugar in my mouth.

-Mike

17. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I've tried that, Limeade (even the bad stuff) is better, but a mix, say 3 scoops of sugar, 2 scoops of Pop Rocks, 4 scoops of Pixie-Stix Powder, and 1 scoop of the powder at the bottom of the Sour Patch Kids packet is a GREAT way to start the morning!!!

18. I simply do not find lemonade refreshing. Limeade wins every time.

Lime Flavor Aid wins over limeade. :smug:

19. uglycicles

uglycicles Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    When it's really hot out, my wife will get a can of the frozen Minute Man limeade concentrate and mix it with 5-6 bottles of beer (light-colored, not Guinness :p ) and a sliced up lime in a pitcher. It's absolutely delicious and very refreshing.

20. What an unfortunate brand name. ;)