1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DOD 250 Overdrive vs YJM 308 Overdrive

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ishouldbeking, Jun 30, 2007.

1. ishouldbeking

ishouldbeking

Feb 5, 2007
    Hollywood, CA
    Endorsing: SIT, Eastwood, Hanson
    I've been thinking about ordering a 250, but I was wondering if anyone new the difference between the yellow pedal and the YJM 308?

The descriptions imply that they'd be similar, and I know the YJM was originally much more expensive, though Zzounds is blowing them out for $29.95... I think Analogman once mentioned something about the internal components being of a slightly higher quality in the YJM, but I wonder... does anyone know which works better on bass?

2. Go the DOD 250. I believe the other one is geared more towards yngwie's (or however its spelt) sound. He is a guitarist, so probably not what your after.

I have the DOD 250 and for the price, its Fan-bloody-tastic :D and works REALLY well with bass.

3. Ok....you got me whilst im sitting at home bored. Decided to whip you up a quick sound file of the DOD-250. I just made this since my last post, so its quick! One take, complete with clicky frets, but you get the picture. Starts clean, then mild setting, then pretty cranked.

Enjoy: http://media.putfile.com/DOD-250

4. mav

mav

Jun 10, 2003
    THat is one nice sounding pedal!
    Do they sell them in oz or did you pick it up online?
    MAV

5. picked it up on ebay for about $40 US a fair while ago. I think they are cheaper now. Don't buy anything in Australia man... You'll pay through the Teeth. I don't think I own anything from a local music shop other than strings... I even got my picks online ! :)

EDIT: Aussie dollar is about 85 US cents at the moment, so stuff works out really cheap compared to here

6. mav

mav

Jun 10, 2003
    I'm with you there man, i've been buying DB strings from lemur music for years and saved hundreds.
    I don't buy any FX new, all second hand, well except my zoom B2, had to try one:rolleyes:
    I might pick up a DOD after my tax return:)
    P.S I picked up a Boss SYB-3 from Cashies for $95 with box and perchase recipt:bassist:

7. ishouldbeking

ishouldbeking

Feb 5, 2007
    Hollywood, CA
    Endorsing: SIT, Eastwood, Hanson
    Ya know, I really can't ask for more than a custom recording whipped up just to answer my simple question about an overdrive pedal. Thank you! Damn, that's why I love this site... so many peopel willing to share info and time. I love it!

So it sounds like I'll have to pick up a DOD 250 pretty soon. I went back and re-read the analogman article i mentioned in my post, and that site even mentions that the YJM 308 has less low end, and more of a bright and focused sound, which makes sense since it's got that Yngwie metal sound. But the 250 sounds great to me... I think i'll pick one of these up, and then maybe an english muff'n at some point down the road.

8. No problems :) Yep, this is a great site!

Get the 250 :bassist: you won't be dissapointed. Its a great little pedal :)

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021