Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DOD 250 question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Dags, Jul 4, 2004.

1. Dags

Dags

Jan 19, 2004
    From searching previous threads I always see people describing it asa good mild overdrive but how does it sound cranked up? Can it achieve a nice distortion/fuzz or is it limited to mild crunch?

2. NioeZero

NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    It does heavy quite well. Good for controllable feedback, too. One of the best purchases I've ever made. I vote go for it.

3. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    If you crank the gain it definately goes into some cool fuzz. However say good by to your low end. I have found that with my 250 the more gain I push, the more its sucks the low end out and kinda boosts the top end. I have one of the original grey boxes so I don't know if that is a proboblem with the re-issues. Whats fun is to crank the gain and roll off all the tone on my P-Bass. Great fuzz definately fun.

4. ^^^yeah, i agree, and it's pretty much unavoidable with any overdrive without an EQ. more distortion equals less low end.

5. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    I just got one of these (The old one, 1981) from tplyons and It is great. It's one of the best sounding OD's I've ever heard. When you crank the gain, you do lose a little low end, not much though. It can get some pretty cool fuzz, no big muff stuff, but close. It's a great pedal.