1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DOD Boneshaker / Hot Wheels Bone Shaker mashup photos

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Spectrum, Jun 11, 2018.

1. So, ok, let say up front that this may be stupid. Maybe.

I was walking though the supermarket earlier today and there was a bin with a bunch of Hot Wheels cars in 50th Anniversary packages and paint jobs. The paint jobs are all black and gold. With a sudden onset of childhood nostalgia I dug through the pile and found one car they call the "Bone Shaker", looks like maybe a '32 Ford Coup?

"Hmm..", the rusty innards of my cranium churn, "reminds me of a distortion pedal I bought not too long ago."

And in a classic case of impulse buying, I threw the car into the cart with my groceries, proceeded to head home, and start snapping photos.

The hot rodded car kind of looks the way the Boneshaker sounds. Honestly, it's like Hot Wheels did this on purpose.

I blame Talkbass for this; without this website I'd never spend my time doing this kind of nonsense, but here they are:

PHOTO_20180611_223021.jpg PHOTO_20180611_223037.jpg PHOTO_20180611_224124.jpg

Now, if this is actually stupid, go ahead and beat me over the head for it.

Or....upload your own strange mashup photos involving your pedals and other objects.

2. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Thanks, now I am gassing for the Boneshaker car. I have the pedal and it’s actually pretty cool. Gotta check Walmart tomorrow.

jonlimo and Spectrum like this.
  3. DrummerwStrings

DrummerwStrings

Mar 27, 2015
    Philly
    None
    I was expecting some photos of different ways to attach the car to the pedal for an upcoming gig...

Spectrum likes this.
  4. Well, I guess you could glue it on or something, but that would render the car useless for playing with. I'm in my 40s and I want to play with Hot Wheels. That's not weird, right?

5. DrummerwStrings

DrummerwStrings

Mar 27, 2015
    Philly
    None
    Hot Wheels? No way (I'm shocked it's only 50)

Could jury rig a little cage to hold the car & attach to the pedal

6. jcerio

jcerio Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    I gotta have one for my Boneshaker pedal now!

Spectrum and DrummerwStrings like this.
  7. jcerio

jcerio Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
  8. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    I liked the pedal, but I don't have it any more. If I could afford the (real version of the) car I think it'd be my daily driver for the rest of my life. Might be a short life with that thing, but they can bury me in it.

Spectrum likes this.