Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does God hate me?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Floating teetH, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Yes.

11 vote(s)
    15.3%
  2. No.

17 vote(s)
    23.6%
  3. yes and no

5 vote(s)
    6.9%
  4. God is incapable of hate

14 vote(s)
    19.4%
  5. God hates us all

17 vote(s)
    23.6%
  6. he doesn't hate you but he wishes you'd brush your teeth once in a while

5 vote(s)
    6.9%
  7. carrots

3 vote(s)
    4.2%
  1. So I find a bass that was stolen from me for sale on ebay. Same bass in the same case w/ the same strap, the same knob missing, and the screws still missing from the truss rod cover.

I call the cops about it and they tell me there is no cerial number listed in the police report, even though I specifically remember including that one in the report. (not too surprising. they also show that the incident happened a few months late)

I was depending on the # being included in that report, because I have no other proof that the bass was ever mine. I purchased the bass off of ebay myself, and as far as i can tell they don't keep records past 60 days. My bank records don't contain enough information, and finding the cerial number written down won't help me at this point.

I plan on contacting the seller, who i would doubt is the thief.
    Any pointers?

vote or die

2. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    First off, sorry about the bass situation.

Older records may not be available to users, but if you try and contact eBay and explain the situation, they may be able to help. They must have records of older transactions.

Good luck!

3. i hope so.

4. God is toying you the way a cat toys with a mouse.

Let this be a lesson. Alway always ALWAYS get a copy of the incident report after you fill it out. I had that problem after my car was stolen. It was found parked illeagally, so it had a ticket. It took me longer than the 30 day grace period to get a copy of the report sent to me by the police department. What I was told by a nice officer that I talked to was to get a copy of the report AS IT'S BEING FILLED OUT. That way you have a verified copy that you can give to the cops at a later date.

Also, I don't know if you can do this in your area, but you can register a guitar or amp here. Go down to the local police station, and ask. They gave me a form to fill out (plus a bill for $25), with a description, my address, phone, and most importantly, serial number. That way if it does get stolen, even if I DON'T have the report with me, or if the report is incomplete (in your case) I can still get my bass back.

Good luck.

Rock on
    Eric

5. That's what I'm saying. What's his problem?
    :confused:

6. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    I would call the cops one more time and have them run over to the sellers house and ask a few questions, Thats what they are there for.

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I don't think the person you are calling God has anything to do with this. You got screwed by the person who stole your bass. Now, you screwed yourself by not getting a verified copy of the incident/police report.

-Mike

8. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    As Slayer tell us, God Hates Us All.

9. He's bored. Nothing worse than an Omnipotent who's bored. Tell him to go watch some early SNL re-runs.

Rock on
    Eric

10. True. I certainly should not have put so much trust in the ability of others to keep accurate records. I should also probably purchase a digital camera.

They're selling her for $600 more than I payed. Crazy.

11. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    yeah digital pics of the serial #'s of all your stuff is a very good idea, as are pix of you in another serial # shot. at the very least i have all of mine recorded, but i borrowed a camera and took the shots last year.

12. Rav

Rav

Dec 29, 2004
    Aurora, IL
    Do you have any pictures of yourself with the bass. In general this is a good idea with anything you buy regardless of how well you document otherwise to prove ownership on recovery.

-Rav

13. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA
    Where is the "God doesn't exist" option?

Honestly. Who throws a shoe?

14. +1

15. Ehh, let's not turn the thread's focus to that, shall we?

(sorry, I have nothing to contribute to the main part of the thread that hasn't been said)

16. HIS?! haha.. no way God's a man!

17. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Yes, yes I do hate you.

...oh...wait, I thought you said "Does GARD hate me?"....

:confused:

...my bad.

;)

18. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    God is crying, probably because of something you did.

19. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    God is teaching you a lesson, in how to better take care of yourself (and your basses). :D

That's the funny thing about God, you usually only find him in places where you actually look. :D:D:D

20. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    Where is this Bass on Ebay?
    Why not post a link in the thread?

How did your Bass Get Stolen?

1. Most of the time if anything is stolen it is by somebody they know.

2. If you left it just laying around it is just a lesson to keep your eye on your sh**.