1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Does this kind of bass exist...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SkinCoffin, Feb 21, 2016.

1. SkinCoffin

SkinCoffin

Aug 18, 2015
    Australia
    A short/med scale carbon fiber neck bass that isn't headless?

I really love the Modulus, Peavy G Bass style carbon necks...BUT, full scales just aren't comfortable enough for me to play constantly, so it'd be a big investment for minimal return if I was to buy a 34" Modulus for example. Was there ever any shorter scale basses made with carbon necks that weren't the headless Status basses?

I know of Zon, Gould, Peavy, Status, Modulus... what other brands should I look at and do any of these make a short scale model?

2. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    You could make one using one of the following Moses necks?

Guitar & Bass Necks Models

MB-19: 19 fret, 30″ scale 4-st fretted for Fender Mustang, Bullet, Bronco, Music Master
    MJ-144SH: 32” Stu Hamm 4-st fretted
    MJ-244SH: 32” Stu Hamm 4-st fretless

AltGrendel likes this.
  3. tune down and use a capo.

IGotGas likes this.
  4. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Status would probably make one for you, but it would be pricey.

IGotGas likes this.
  5. Not exactly Carbon Fiber, but Kubicki Factors are 32" scale and have necks made from laminated 1/16" wood and from what I've heard *never move*. Another possibility to put on the list...

SkinCoffin likes this.
  6. SkinCoffin

SkinCoffin

Aug 18, 2015
    Australia
    That ones got a funny headstock, kinda like it but it's kinda weird haha! Thanks though and thanks everyone for replies. Maybe capo is the only way to go unless I want something really out there or custom.

7. DrDAV14

DrDAV14 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Denver, Colorado
    Status gives a 32" scale option on all there standard models.