1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Double ball end 5 string sets by Trace Elliot. New, Unused

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by NeilGB, Mar 1, 2018.

1. NeilGB

NeilGB Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2012
    SF Bay Area - East Bay
    Price:
    $10
    I have 5 sets Now only 1 set left! of Trace Elliot branded double ball end 5 string sets. Gauges 0.40 - 0.125.

They are new and unused and still sealed in the plastic wrapping. I bought a bunch of these strings for my Status S3 while waiting for new strings from Status Graphite to arrive. The first set I tried were excellent - just bright enough with a good solid sound. The tension was well balanced across the set. The second set had a problem in that I couldn't get the A string to stretch from nut to bridge. I could have pulled harder but felt that in my usual clumsy way I would slip and scratch the S3. The Status Hot wires had arrived by then so I went with them (even the Status strings are tight to get on the S3). I have no idea whether the trouble was my awkwardness, my S3, that set of TE strings etc.

I am asking $10 each set plus shipping. Hopefully they will fit your bass with no problem. No returns if they do not fit, which is why they are only $10.

FYI I bought them from the bass player (not the founding member) of one of the worlds biggest rock groups, one that I have enjoyed since the 70's. Not that that makes a difference to the strings. However you will be able to boast in the pub that you own strings that were not used by the bass player of a true mega group!

IMG_2680.JPG

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  2. Deepwoods

Deepwoods Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2003
    St. Louis
    I will try a set. Paypal? Thanks.

3. NeilGB

NeilGB Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2012
    SF Bay Area - East Bay
    Hi,

Paypal is neil@bellenie.com. Please add $3.75 for postage to St Louis.

Thanks
    Neil

4. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    PM

5. I'll take a set too. 01095 Massachusetts.

6. SteveBass5

SteveBass5 It all sounds the same, It's all one song! Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Ill try, how much to 01501?

7. NeilGB

NeilGB Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2012
    SF Bay Area - East Bay
    Shipping USPS mail Continental USA is $3.75 (I will add this to the OP).

Paypal is neil@bellenie.com

Thanks
    Neil

8. maggbass

maggbass Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2007
    new jersey
    I'll take a set, I will pm the address

9. NeilGB

NeilGB Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2012
    SF Bay Area - East Bay