1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Double DI help please

Discussion in 'Accessories [DB]' started by metaphor, Jan 21, 2012.

1. metaphor

metaphor

Nov 10, 2011
    I am currently Bi-Amping my upright.
    I use a Fishman full circle and an Underwood.
    Combining the two gives me a decent sound with 2 different amps. However, I'd like to find a DI that will accomodate these 2 pickups into one DI so I only have to bring 1 amp. Right now, I use a fishman DI and I have to choose which pickup to use. The other goes straight into the amp or pa.
    Any suggestions? I could of course just buy another fishmen DI but I would rather get a combo unit. Besides, i'm not overly thrilled with the fishman. Allot of times it doesn't work very well and I have to use what the soundguy has on hand.

2. you will need to buy or make a 2 mono to 1 stereo lead to go into the K&K stereo input .not difficult to make

3. damonsmith

damonsmith

May 10, 2006
    Quincy, MA
    I would just flip a coin and pick one. a DI of any kind just kinda says "F*** it" in terms of tone anyway!

4. bnutz

bnutz

Mar 27, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I don't know if you've sorted anything out yet, but if not, check this out... Radial Tonebone PZ-Pre Acoustic Instrument Preamp - introduction

I use the Bassbone for doubling gigs, but would like something that is more suited for upright- which with ultra high impedance inputs, the PZ-Pre is. It works as a blender, too- which is what you need.

-b

5. PBrown

PBrown Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Billings, MT
    Check out the headway EDB-1