1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Doubt about live sound

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by matius88, Mar 24, 2013.

1. matius88

matius88

Jun 25, 2012
    Argentina
    Hi im planing to start playing live, what gear would you recommend for me to do it?

i only have a warwick corvette and a ampeg b108.

should i buy something to bring to the shows (i have 0 experience about this)?

i want to play in small bars (100,200 people), and i dont know anything related to playing live or recommended gear...

please share your experience and your recommendations :)

thanks for all!

2. anything you want...what you have is about all you need for that many people...lol but for i find that a lot of it depends on the music style you play. i personally play a heavy rock (not metal) and my equipment keeps up no problem. here is the list of what i use...

my rig for live/studio stays the same

TC Electronic BG250 amp
    Spector DLX5FM Bass

Tech 21 Sansamp BassDriver Programmable,
    Tech 21 Boost DLA
    Yamaha Magicstomp MultiFX
    Sennheiser EW100 Series Wireless

i would recommend some kind of DI box or you could use the DI from your amp if you like...and thats really about it...

3. TimmyP

TimmyP

Nov 4, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    Any tilt-back combo with 300W or more will be enough for any venue. (If the amp is too small for the room, the PA will be able to get you where you need to be.) However if there will always be a good PA, all you need is your 108 and a good DI.

4. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    yeah, the better the PA, the less you will need (rock stars like geddy use no amps at all).

otherwise, you need enough amp to hang with the drums; the PA should handle the rest.