1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Down ~ Stone The Crow

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by MN_Bass, Mar 18, 2009.

1. MN_Bass

MN_Bass Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2008
    Minnesota
    I've seen some tabs, but I don't think they are that good... or maybe its my hearing loss...http://www.911tabs.com/link/?3685321

Can anyone shed any light on this..

Band: Down
    Album: NOLA
    Song: Stone the Crow

2. Dunno if that is accurate as I don't know the tune but I've got a guitar pro of this and will email the sheet or tab if you like. Can also export a midi if thats any help? Pm me you email if needed.

3. Bassmingo

Bassmingo

Nov 6, 2008
    Ireland
    i never learned this song on bass, it was one i preferred to play on guitar....and its been a long time since i played it BUT based on memory the guitars are not in standard tuning, so i'm guessing the bass isnt either. i cant remember the tuning, but its either down a step or a step and a half. try tuning DGCF and see how you go.....

4. MetalDisciple12

MetalDisciple12

Aug 29, 2011
    I know this is an old thread but I'm hoping to find some bass tabs for STC myself...and the tuning is C#F B E like Early Black Sabbath. Hence why the band talks about "tuning down and Sabbing out"

5. plamicus

plamicus

Apr 22, 2011
    Hi!

I'm new here, just poking around... but I couldn't help but notice this thread. I just learnt Stone the Crow pretty recently.

That tab you found looks pretty terrible, if I'm honest.

What's more is I have a pretty good tab, PM me if you'd like it. I don't know that it's 100% accurate but it sounds okay, and fits in with the music well. It's a starting point at the very least.

Originally I started in DGCF, but actually worked out I could play it in DADG much easier - so that's what is tabbed out at. Based on videos I've seen, and Rex Brown's love of the drop B tuning it wouldn't surprise me if he plays it in drop B, if you're worried about playing it 'exactly' like he does.

Hope this helps. =)